cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clinton1
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

what is the point in,infinity broadband. multiroom /Ultra HD

Why sell infinity broadband if you cannot recive new products, I cannot recive multiroom or Ultra HD due to my broadband speeds, but surely if you on infinity you should be able to revive all Bt has to offer... I am one very anoid customer of 4 years ,also customer service could not inform me on when products will be available.
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
jam2000
Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: what is the point in,infinity broadband. multiroom /Ultra HD

Certain services will require certain setup and conditions. Some people cant get Infinity yet and are still on basic DSL. Thats just the way life is. 

0 Ratings
Keith75
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

"That's just the way life is" Easy to say that when you can get all the services, doubt you be so blasé if you were paying for infinity and not getting all the services other people can.
0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 4 of 8

Excuse me but I have only just been able to get Infinity, it has been some time since I have been able to get the Extra channels available. I was just had to wait until Infinity was available within my area. 

Same with any service provider or company not every service will be available for everyone.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
clinton1
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Jam 2000 I understand if you only just got infinity, I have been a infinity customer 3 years all im saying is I pay a premium for fast Internet surely as an infinity customer I should be informed when I can at least be able to get multi room been over 12 months now.."the way life is " is a load of tosh when im paying top money
0 Ratings
zarf2007
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

no but I'm enjoying the new UHD box...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 8

FTTC Infinity speeds can range from 15 to 80 Mbps depending on the distance to the street cabinet and the condition of the copper cabling. Certain BT TV services require certain minimum speeds so not all Infinity customers can order them.

Nothing will drastically increase your maximum line speed until Openreach roll out a major change to the technologies being used. They are currently trialing G.Fast but it may take years to roll out if they decide to proceed with it.
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 8

See  http://home.bt.com/news/bt-life/bt-ceo-sets-out-ultrafast-broadband-vision-11363958493131

Assuming that there's not a fault on your line and it's performing to its full potential with the current FTTC-VDSL2 (profile 17a) technology then you get what you get. Don't hold your breath waiting for any improvement.

Note that some customers on FTTC-VDSL2 fibre broadband can only get 2 - 15 Mbps. In that situation BT call it Faster Broadband rather than Infinity and those customers are even more limited in their BT TV options. 

0 Ratings