cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bazzab10
Message 1 of 11

yourview box factory reset problems

Want to do a factory reset but I get message the box is not connected to the internet despite connected to our router when trying to carry out setup,

Replaced the box with our second box using same connections and have no problem connecting to internet,

At a loss to go any further with the set up of first box ....any help would be appreciated

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: yourview box factory reset problems

Hi @Bazzab10  and thanks for posting.

Is the box you're trying to reset new? Can you give us more details on the model etc?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Bazzab10
Message 3 of 11

hi David no not new,  two or three years old ( and has been perfect until now )

Model number is DTR T2110

Many thanks

Baz

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Thanks for getting back so quickly @Bazzab10 .

If the reset works on thew other box then I suspect the 2110 could be faulty. How long has it been idle for?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Bazzab10
Message 5 of 11

Hi David just idle for three days, it simply closed down when watching a recording three days ago and simply won't now reload, all attemps wont go past " For a faster setup " etc screen

Cheers

Barry

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Thanks again @Bazzab10 .

I had a similar experience previously myself with an older model. It sounds like it's 'kaput' but you might want to contact the helpdesk on 0800 111 4567 who'll try running a few diagnostics just to be certain.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Bazzab10
Message 7 of 11

Thanks very much for your help David

When I purchased it on Amazon I did buy extended warranty I think for five years so hopefully it will be covered, if not as I have been pleased with it I'll have no hesitation in buying another.

Many thanks again

Best regards

Barry

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 11

Hi @Bazzab10 

Are you or Did you do the factory reset from the maintenance menu options using the buttons on the top of your Youview box  or are you attempting to load Youview and then run via the Settings option

If via maintenance mode do you get a range of options and which options have you tried ?

0 Ratings
Bazzab10
Message 9 of 11

I tried to do the factory reset from the Maintenance menu, chose reset no 2 I think ( saving recordings) which it seemed to do okay but then went into setup mode and it was then it said no connection to the interent despite it being okay previously and okay with another box when testing the connection. From the page it states no connection to the internet I have nowhere to go 😞

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 11

@Bazzab10  The absence of a internet connection itself on a  already setup Youview box  would not alone cause it to  close down or indeed not to load up. typically you would get various warning or error messages and some MYTV and backwards EPG data would either not display fully  plus Player and subscription content including subscription recordings would exhibit errors. So your initial problem a few days ago probably was not triggered by an internet connection failure or disconnection.

In your position i would be inclined to try a maintenance mode 4 reset. This will probably not  work but is worth trying as in doing so you are attempting to use internet connectivity from  maintenance mode rather than Youview setup stage,

0 Ratings