Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pw888
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

youview UHD box keeps dropping internet connection

Go to solution

I have the standard youview UHD box connected directly to a smarthub by the ethernet cable that came in the box and plugged into socket 1.  I keep getting an error message that the box can't connect to the internet and then it re-connects itself anyfrom from 5 seconds to 5 minutes later.  It does this everytime I watch TV and it's extremely annoying as if I'm watching an internet channel I miss half of the programme.  There doesn't seem to be any other obvious issues with the hub as my PC (wired) and phone (wireless) are both connected fine while this is happening.  I've tried all the usual resetting of the router and box but it makes no difference.  I borrowed a HH5 off a friend while they were on holiday and had no issues at all and could watch TV uninterrupted for a week.  Anybody have any thoughts before I contact BT?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: youview UHD box keeps dropping internet connection

Go to solution

Hi @pw888,

I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with your UHD box dropping connection. Did you manage to get this sorted?

If not, I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Jonboy71
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

I too have had terrible trouble with my uhd 4K box. It is constantly losing connection and failing to record not only internet channels but free view ones too (C4 and BBC). Called help and I have to pay for an engineer to come out. Plus it must be in the working day when I'm in work. 

So I am off at xmas and have to wait until then to get an engineer out. If it isn't my fault the I don't have to pay. This is such a poor service and faulty set up or hardware causing the problem. I paid £49 for the set up too and the guy just turned up and plugged everything in as I had infinity before and the sockets were already there. 

I cant rely on it recording or working without me having to restart it when the internet connection has dropped. The wifi is still working in the house and I dont have any drop out when online with 4 of us using at the same time.  Yet the tv box tells me check router no internet connection. 

HELP!!

0 Ratings
Ahcledge
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Is there a solution to those as we've had the same problems and the Indian call centres are beyond a joke!! 

0 Ratings
Ahcledge
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Is there a solution to this? 

0 Ratings
pw888
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

BT have arranged for an engineer to come and have a look at my setup.  The only solution that's worked for me so far is to use a home hub 5 but I don't see why I should have to buy one when I've already paid my fees and subscription.  I get the impression the call centre is there to deal with people who call for help without first trying the resets etc that are in the guides and manuals.  If you've tried the call centre, you usually get to deal with somebody sensible if you go through the complaints procedure.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi All,

If you're having issues with your UHD box dropping the internet connection (error codes YVM102 and/or YVM104) I'm happy to help.

Please send me a private message with your landline telephone number and I will look into this for you.

Thanks

Gavin

0 Ratings
pw888
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

So the engineer came yesterday to check out my setup and came to same conclusion as me, that I needed a Home Hub 5.  He brought me one out of his van and job done no more problem.  From what he said and from what I've read on here, the smarthub is riddled with faults and compatibility issues and the HH5 is best one to have at the moment.  So if you have a smarthub and are having issues, my advice would be to try to get BT to replace it with a HH5.

0 Ratings