cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
digitaltvmad
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

youview box and changes for sports channels shameful

Today I had an email from BT said that from August BT is going to charge me £5 if I Don't join up for 18 months contract. (SHAME on BT )
I have just changed my package to take on the four new channels along with all channels deal....
So BT I will not be taking the Sports channels and I would need a discount on the package I have as I did sign up for ALL your channels and as I will have less channels and still have your highest broadband that was to give free sports. ...

Bye bye to BT TV Sports
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES
ney
Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: youview box and changes for sports channels shameful

I upgraded my BT TV package to entertanment max at the end of April and tane out a new 12 months contract and so far I have not had email like that from BT.

Darren

0 Ratings
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 14

I'm sure the £5 charge will be for those who get the BT Sport channels via Sky, if you have a BTTV subscription it will still be free.
0 Ratings
steve1412
Contributor
Message 4 of 14

you will get that email or call, i just had mine and it was aggressive, trying to get me to sign up for 18 months or pay for BT sport as an extra. i still have 6 months on my contract but the woman did not give a toss. it was sign up or pay up.

BT grossly overpay for their sport coverage then expect their loyal customers to bend over and apply the vaseline. they are shameful and disgraceful in they way they treat their customer base and i hope they lose many customers from this, they deserve to

steve1412
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

nope you are sooooooooooo wrong
0 Ratings
TVmad1998
Contributor
Message 6 of 14

I feel if a company say that BT Sports is FREE to all customers with Broadband , then any number of channels with the name of BT Sports on it should be free .....

The e-mails are not clear to customers and seem to push all customer to re contract to a 18 months to get BT Sports and you still have pay an extra £5 to get BT Sports ?????

I would not re jont or re contract to BT TV  because they have over spent on sports  like TV platforms have done in the pass.

The Email should have read like this......

Dear ******

As for 1st August  BT TV will be adding BT Sports Europe channels that you may have already came across on the EPG to £5 packtage system and if you wish to carry on viewing these channels please phone or log in to your BT account and add it to your services.

If you are with other TV platforums then please phone or log on to there site to get all Europe fooball games live.

0 Ratings
steve1412
Contributor
Message 7 of 14

i agree, BT say its free, but in fact it is totally the oposite. they overpaid for their sport packages and now intend to make customers pay dearly should they wish to keep a feature that was free when they signed their original contracts.

Bt have a terible track record for doing this. i signed with them in december 2014 at £41.00 per month. i have added nothing to my package, but Bt have nicely taken away my films and box sets package and i now pay £53 per month, for less.

Bt really do need to wake up to what they are doing, they treat customers with contempt and do not reward loyalty.

i have cancelled the sport pack, the range of games they show is poor anyway, the best matches are always on Sky TV. the champions league is poor, British teams get knocked out in the first round, so you are just left watching a load of foreigners and i see enough foreigners every day in my local high street, without paying BT to watch them prance around on TV

i will move to another provider, talk/talk, EE, Sky, they all do good deals

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 8 of 14

I disagree, as the basic BT Sport is still free, if you want the extra champions league then you have to pay for it and £5 per month is such a small amount too.

Films and TV box set was rubbish anyway, when you have Netflix offering HD for £1 more and a massive amount of extra content too.

The same is true with any supplier new customer always get better deals.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 9 of 14

Well up untill now I have not had anything from BT. Im only about 6 weeks into a new 12 months BT TV contract for there entertanment max package.

Darren

0 Ratings
Highlighted
steve1412
Contributor
Message 10 of 14

i think you will find you are wrong. a lengthy chat with BT customer services has verified that unless you renew now for 18 months, any BT sport will incurr an extra charge of £5 MINIMUM and its all very well you saying its a small amount, but BT kepp adding costs to the point where SKY is cheaper
0 Ratings