Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 17

Re: youview box disconnected after several years of good service

@majordave

Not sure if this is the kit you've got but instructions should be similar, have a look here

With these not linking/syncing properly would certainly cause your issue.

0 Ratings
majordave
Contributor
Message 12 of 17

Hi,

Right,I have followed your suggestions and carried out the necessary proceedures but unfortunately, the fault has not been eliminated.

I did notice that the blue indicator lights for data, on both extenders were very dim, infact I am not sure they were actually on. I tried switching them round but there was no change in performance.

I had hoped there might be a model number on the box case but I could not find one.

My current feeling is that, providing we have not missed a software update, there is a fault in the equipment somewheree, however, it would need more sophisticated testing than I can carry  out. 

regards,

David

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 17

Are you able to either connect the Youview box to the Hub with a long ethernet cable or very temporarily move the YV box & a TV close enough to the Hub to do that?Or have you a laptop to connect to the PLA where the YV box is and check it's internet access?

It's most likely the PLAs are at fault or there's an issue with your mains circuitry but the above is necessary to be able to rule that in or out.

0 Ratings
majordave
Contributor
Message 14 of 17

Hi,

I guess you are a very patient guy the way you are sticking with is pproblem.

Tomorrow, I will try the laptop option and report back to you with the result.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

David

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 17

Hi Dave

Yes I am patient , comes of having 30+ years designing, developing & installing large computer systems and now being retired.  I do like to find solutions Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
majordave
Contributor
Message 16 of 17

Hi,

Long may your work continue.

I have checked the PLAs using a laptop and the message "can not connect to the internet" comes up. Also, I am now convinced  that the  data lights on both PLAs are not illuminating.  ( the doubt was caused because  the adjacent ethernet light, which was on, slightly illuminated the data light).

I guess the main suspect is one or both of the PLA units unless the hub was not feeding the units data but I do not  believe this would be the problem, however, I am getting out of my depth here !!!!!!

If you agree with my thoughts do think I should conact BT about replacing the PLA units?

Regards,

David

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 17

Hi David

From what you say it would appear that the units aren't talking to each other so I think that a call to BT is worth while.

What if you connect these units into the same 2-gang wall socket, close to the router & try the same tests. That would rule out any mains circuitry issues.

0 Ratings