Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wesleyad
Message 1 of 3

youview box no signal after booting

Go to solution

Hi all,

Box is about 2 months old and had no problems till today.

Basic problem is that when turning the box on (standby light goes from purple to blue) there is no signal sent to TV.

It's not the HDMI cable as if I power the box down and restart it sends the "waking up" and "youview" screen to TV fine.

Tried a software reset and tried factory reset from maintenance mode.

Just sits there with 2 blue lights on. Can be turned opn and off via remote (blue to purple etc).

Have tried ringing up but got nowhere and then got cut off and I'm not going through all that again.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Adam

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: youview box no signal after booting

Go to solution

That sounds like a problem I had just last month, that was due to a faulty hard drive in my Humax box.

I suggest you power the box down in a quiet room, wait about 30 seconds and then listen carefully for any noises coming from it as you power it back up. If you hear something like a quiet but repeated beeping noise then your hard drive is failing to spin up. The only solution is to call BT out to change the box, they changed mine free of charge.

0 Ratings
wesleyad
Message 3 of 3

Re: youview box no signal after booting

Go to solution

Hey,

Well after leaving the box off overnight it is now working OK! I'll keep your answer in mind if it repeats the problem.

Many thanks!

0 Ratings