cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bazaar1
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

youview box scrolling through channels

flipping youview just keeps scrolling through the chammels without stopping, just spoke at length to someone in India, ( Nice one BT), cant get Engineer for 2 weeks, so stuck without youview ( That I am paying for ), has anyone got any experience in claiming back from BT for loss, also for breach of contract?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisC
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: youview box scrolling through channels

By any chance are you using a Samsung TV on HDMI? There have been reports of some Samsung TV's sending commands down the wire that confuse the YouView box. It's a problem with the CEC feature (called Anynet+) on Samsung devices so try turning this off in the menu ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#CEC
0 Ratings
dwrighty
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Mine is doing exactly the same. If it isn't the channels cycling it's the volume.

Either a hard power cycle or a software reset via maintenance mode seems to fix it short-term.

Had to do the above at least seven times today. Getting really fed up with it now.

I do have a Samsung TV but AnyNet+ is turned off.

- D
0 Ratings
cridds
Message 4 of 4

Mine likes to turn Audio Description on. Go a Samsung too with Anynet turned off. Currently waiting for a second engineer visit (2week wait) as the box also freezes has pic but no sound and remote + box buttons don't work. This happens intermittantly. only had it 6weeks and had 3 weeks usage out of it! 

0 Ratings