cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lukieboi26
Message 1 of 5

youview box

I just got my internet installed today. i followed the instructions carefully to set my youview box up i have all the leads in the right place and i have the right arial. When i switch the box on i get the youview screen with four circles which light up. It says nearly ready and then nothing else happens it just stays on that screen i have switched it off restarted both box and broadband and it still does the same thing. amy internet works fine. Any suggestions welcome.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
lukieboi26
Message 2 of 5

youview box

the engineer came today and got me all set up i got told i had to set the youview box up myself?? I followed all instructions correctly, all the leads in the correct places i have the correct arial but when i turn the box on i get the youview screen which says "nearly ready" but nothing happens it just stays on that screen i left it running while i went out (over 4 hours) when i came back it was still on the same screen and still saying "nearly ready" i have reset both box and broadband and the same thing happens i am on my 10th attempt and still no luck, any suggestions please?

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Re: youview box

Try a maintenance reset but if that doesn't work it looks like a faulty box and a replacement needed (if it is a new installation with BT I would try to ask them for the new style box which is supposedly faster (but uglier lol)).

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

That's not good at all. If you get nowhere getting this sorted then give me a shout and I'll get a Mod involved. Be aware it does take a long time to boot up

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

Given that the box has not successfully loaded and the start up process has been (by necessity) interupted by the power offs etc it is sensible to reset the box.

If you feel confident the instructions for a maintenance mode reset are here

http://videos.youview.com/support/maintenance_mode.pdf

0 Ratings