Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mentonman
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

youview going into standby

Go to solution

Hi

Does anyone else have my problem that when I put the Youview box into standby after approx 10 mins it blips the tv picture.

I presume that it coincides with the software taking this amount of time to power down the hard drive.

What happens is that the screen goes blank for 1 or 2 secs with the message NO SIGNAL!

I am connected to a Sony tv via hdmi.

Any ideas guys?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: youview going into standby

Go to solution

Hi mentonman,

Thanks for posting. Have you tried changing the standby time? You should find that option in the settings page. Let us know if that helps.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
mentonman
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi David

The standby time is set to 3 hrs but I don't understand what this has to do with my post.The problem is after manually putting the Youview box into standby and then watching a program through the Sony tv tuner.It also happens even when the Youview has just finished recording a program and I have been watching via the tv tuner.

0 Ratings
ZooBurner
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Use a seperate ariel cable for your TV and only use the HDMI cable to connect the Humax box to your TV

0 Ratings
Highlighted
mentonman
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Doing it that way I would not be able to record any programs surely.With a PVR it is aerial in then out to tv with the PVR being in a passive mode when on standby

0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

You need to do/ensure you've done the following:

1. Run the aerial into the YouView box and the HDMI cable from the YouView box to the TV

2. Run an RF cable from the aerial output on the YouView box to the aerial input on the TV

3. Enable Signal pass-though in the YouView setting's menu otherwise it will not correctly pass the signal 

0 Ratings
mentonman
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks Martin

Although it worked withhout pass through being selected  your suggestion has stopped the problem I posed in my original post

Cheers

Mentonman

0 Ratings
ZooBurner
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hiya there

No I should have explained more clearly

Spilt the aerial cable before connecting to the youview box, one of the cables directly to your TV, the other to the Humax box.. That way both get aerial INPUT, you don't need a co-ax cable from the Humax box to your TV (as it has its own input) via the split aerial.

Simply use the HDMI cable to connect OUTPUT form the Humax to the TV.

Andy

0 Ratings