cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnHatter
Contributor
Message 111 of 252

Re: youview recordings stopping after 2 minutes

We seem to be able to achieve complete recordings as long as we dont watch the channel whilst it is being recorded. If we do go onto the channel the recording stops and shows 3 minutes.

So at the moment we're being very careful not to go onto a channel whilst it is recording. Mad, but seems to be a temporary solution.
0 Ratings
AA99
Contributor
Message 112 of 252

Now I can't pause live TV.

Can we cancel our contracts?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Monza
Beginner
Message 113 of 252

I have noticed that when I try to set a recording that it appears multiple times in Scheduled Recordings. It's as though it tries to record every version available. Also we tried to record Lawless on Film4 last week which failed and strangely it has automatically rescheduled it for Sat 3 Jan.
0 Ratings
AA99
Contributor
Message 114 of 252

I also have every version of a programme getting recorded.  It really is a pain in the butt.  Fast losing my patience!

0 Ratings
DeanWebber
Beginner
Message 115 of 252

I also have this recording issue. I got in contact with BT before Christmas and I was taken through a factory reset. This seemed to fix the issue for a couple of days, then on Christmas day more failed recordings. I then had a BT engineer come out and he replaced my box. All my recordings are now lost, which I am not happy about. Again worked for a couple of days, and then more failed recordings. I then sent an email threatening to leave, and got a phone call the next day telling me it is a software fault.

I don't believe BT know what the issue is. There customer service gives you different answers. Come on BT this has been going on for long enough. If you can't handle the TV sector, don't offer it to your customers.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 116 of 252

I have the same issue, I have not had any problems until just before xmas now ask programmes fail wether we are at home watching tv or away. I have done all the recommended checks but am not going to do another factory reset as this will cause me to lose that stuff I have recorded from earlier. If I knew how to use Twitter i'd start a Twitter campaign. This problem isn't exclusive to html though it's seems to be a common You view problem.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 117 of 252

Hi guys,

Thanks all for posting. We're really sorry the recordings issue hasn't been sorted yet. It's still under investigation and you'll find the latest updates here.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Toladessip
Aspiring Contributor
Message 118 of 252

Rang BT to cancel as the service is not "Fit for Purpose" today and they acted like they had never heard of the fault and even said they would check my system remotely and it would cost £129 if they could pin fault on me. After discussion Engineer coming to change box on Friday so will keep you informed. Only moved from Sky end of October so all I have known is **bleep** service and if the Engineers visit does not work I shall not be paying the £440 they want for leaving something that doesn't work and is Not "Fit For Purpose".
0 Ratings
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 119 of 252

Why change the box when it's a known software issue, reading through the posts it's clear that a box change won't solve anything.

0 Ratings
DeanWebber
Beginner
Message 120 of 252

I had my box changed too. The engineer said it must be a fault with box. As for BT not knowing about the issue, they must be more incompetent than I thought. I get told by the guys in India that it is a known software fault, but BT are waisting their own money sending out engineers to replace people's boxes. Like you say the service is not fit for purpose. Especially over Christmas when people rely on Their recordings.
0 Ratings