Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 141 of 252

Re: youview recordings stopping after 2 minutes

Hello guys,

The YouView engineers are still working on this problem at the moment, and intend to implement a fix as soon as possible.

In the meantime have you been able to try any of the work around steps others have suggested on the forum at all? This has not worked for all viewers who have tried it but some have found it to stop the symptoms.

These steps can be found in our main discussion here.

In some instances, the affected recording can be played back if attempted again, some viewers have found a re-tune or a reset of the box (keep recordings) has stopped the issue occurring.

We will make sure that any progress made on the fix for the issue is communicated on here as soon as possible.

We have our test team currently working to recreate the scenarios in which this occurs. We have been able to eliminate several factors such as the broadcast data itself being an issue (based on the programme feedback already provided by some helpful viewers on the discussion). Also we have looked at specific areas, transmitters and signal strength/ quality to determine the impact this has on the recordings going through.

Aside from this we are working with Humax currently to analyse boxes in the field that demonstrate the recording problem and obtain the data to determine the cause. We understand how frustrating this issue is so are committed to determining the reasons and fixing it as soon as we can.

One of the crucial areas the YouView team are trying to establish is why this becomes apparent and then can cease to occur for some viewers (sometimes following a reset of the box or re-tune).

We will make sure to update on our progression with this issue regularly, and ultimately the fix for this.

Thanks,

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
graywallis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 142 of 252

Similar problems here but mostly on the pause/rewind programme being watched. Also recordings stopping short but generally only 2 or 3 minutes short with most of the recording okay. EH4 8AF postcode.

0 Ratings
Ylyurgga
Beginner
Message 143 of 252

I also did a full reset and lost all recordings. All was fine for a week and then the issues returned with a vengeance. 4 short recordings and every playback had to be restarted after one minute. Two days later and everything is fine again. I checked to see if there had been any updates in that time and there had not. 

This problem started at the beginning of November, I tried retuning and it appeared to fix it but the issues returned. Eventually resorted to the full factory reset. 

I have resorted to buying a separate non Humax recorder as a backup. 

Hopefully a fix will be found soon so that the box returns to reliable functionality. 

0 Ratings
Ylyurgga
Beginner
Message 144 of 252

Following on from my earlier post, I noticed that when the box was giving problems the My Youview screen appeared to be magnified. I did not have the tv or box set to zoom. When the box started recording correctly the screen had also returned to normal. Are they connected or is it coincidence?

0 Ratings
lesleyj
Contributor
Message 145 of 252

don't know if it is related but I've noticed a lot of 'freezing issues' - ie pressing buttons on remote and nothing happens and then they all happen at once after a delay.  Also EPG extremly slow to load and sometimes says 'no information available' for some channels.

0 Ratings
AA99
Contributor
Message 146 of 252

We've always had that since we got the box 18 months ago, we call it the 'retarded' delay on the remote! Cat Sad

0 Ratings
h7erj
Contributor
Message 147 of 252

We had more problems last night. We had the thing where the button is pressed on the remote and there's a long delay, then it all rushes to catch up. We get a black screen with the small picture at the top right hand corner, as though it's displaying the guide. Whilst watching a recording of Coronation Street the picture froze but the sound continued, then that stopped and the Youdontview box had to be switched off at the back. We get several seconds of black screen before a recording will start playing. It's v frustrating, but I guess we'll just have to be patient. When it's working it's very good and we have recommended it to others. I'm sure it'll be resolved soon and all will be well again.
0 Ratings
Gillmae
Aspiring Contributor
Message 148 of 252

We have had enough, ours is all packaged up in it's original box and will be returned to John Lewis on Monday. i have also left a review of this product on their site. Up till my review all the others were 5stars, that's one of the reasons we bought it in the first place.

We have reinstalled our old Humax, it's not always reliable now, - which is why we replaced it - but it's at least as reliable as the this new was. Sometimes I wish we could go back to the old video tape.......ok the recording quality left a bit to be desired, but at least they did record! We might opt for a Panasonic next time, but there seems to be problems with some of them according to reviews I've read. Isn't modern technology wonderful! 😜
0 Ratings
sab60
Aspiring Contributor
Message 149 of 252

Per Gillmae's comment... I cant blame anyone for junking YouView right now. The sad thing is that up to the end of October this really was a 5star product before the infamous software upgrade. My box now doesnt display any of the historical EPG info - this may or may not start working again, and it may or may not be related to all the other problems but it's really hard to tell. YouView shot themselves in the foot with the software upgrade while aiming squarley thru their privates.....

0 Ratings
TVHog
Aspiring Contributor
Message 150 of 252

OK to summarise my previous posts and update :

we have had this problem and it started just before Christmas - we had the playback  cut off after a couple of minutes and it would then play on the second attempt. We then had the "only 2 min recording" issue when there was only 2 mins or so of recording done.

I did the  box resets as suggested earlier and it didn't make any difference - the problems continued.

I was away for a week over New Year and the recordings that week worked fine.

* whispering* currently it is all as normal. I set test recordings and they all took and played back. Eastenders and Corrie is all going well.

I have no idea why this has happened but keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way!

0 Ratings