cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 201 of 252

Re: youview recordings stopping after 2 minutes

I thought so, to answer previous posts then, it's not a BT problem, it was a YouView update that caused the problem which is what the YV forum is saying.
0 Ratings
Gillmae
Aspiring Contributor
Message 202 of 252

We returned ours for a refund. It was bought from John Lewis. We are thinking of getting a Humax with youview, but at the moment we are biding our time waiting to see if this problem is resolved. Our old Humax is still plodding along for the time being.
0 Ratings
TimSmedley
Aspiring Expert
Message 203 of 252

I have the same problem today as 5 recordings failed this week that i sat down to watch today. I took the plunge prepared for a battle in light of previous comments and the chap on the phone asked me to come out of the recording and start it again - and it then played.

It did the same for all 5 recordings. He was not interested in what i recorded only that they all worked; he was checking notes on his system. He is to ring me back Friday evening to check recordings made in the meantime can be watched.

Whilst not a fix, it would appear this might be progress?

Tim

0 Ratings
therector66
Message 204 of 252

It has been very interesting to discover that I am not alone in experiencing problems with my YouView box recently.

My box has the following problems, which I assume have a common root cause.

1) Although recorded normally and in full, programmes stop after a short playback time, typically 1 to 3 minutes, with the onscreen message that playback of the recording has ended. The time bar shows the recording to have reached its end (e.g. a whole hour, or 30 minutes). This occurs not only when a recording is played from its beginning, but sometimes also when it is played from part way through. I must reiterate that all recordings are actually full length and, when the problem occurs, can usually be played to their true end by playing from a start point just beyond the point at which they stopped as a result of the fault. This is inconvenient and irritating. The fault does not affect every recording, as some recordings do playback properly, without playback ending prematurely.
2) Pausing of live TV no longer works properly. When play is resumed, only about a minute or so of playback occurs before the programme jumps to real time again, missing the intervening section of programme. This defeats the purpose of pausing live TV.
3) Rewinding of live TV no longer works properly. Either it can be rewound only by a minute or so (used to be up to 30 minutes provided the box had been on and tuned to the relevant channel), or it can be rewound considerably further, but when play is resumed, only about a minute or so of playback occurs before the programme jumps to real time again, missing the intervening section of programme. This defeats the purpose of rewinding live TV.

This is not a signal strength problem, as the signal here is excellent. The problem occurs on a wide range of channels, not one particular multiplex. The problem has not been resolved by turning the box off completely and rebooting, nor by rescanning channels. An internet search suggests that many other users are experiencing similar problems with a number of current Humax models, not just the BT-badged one. Humax will not offer advice on the BT version, however.

If the fault cannot be resolved soon, I will have to return the box to John Lewis for a full refund, as it no longer fulfils its essential functions properly. My old non-YouView Humax still works well most of the time.

0 Ratings
Dode
Aspiring Expert
Message 205 of 252

Been having the same sort of problems as most here. I did a 'Factory Reset/Keep Recordings' and so far it has been OK. That's only two or three days ago though and I don't think this will be a permanent fix. It may be worth doing the 'Factory Reset/Keep Recordings' once a week as a temporary measure though. I know, I know. Don't say it!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 206 of 252

Hi Guys,

We have made some progress with our investigation of this problem and have been able to identify the issue causing the short recordings and recording playback symptoms. We are now looking to develop a fix that eliminates the issue, we will continue to update on our progress with this. Thank you for your ongoing patience while we continue to work on a fix as a priority.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
TVHog
Aspiring Contributor
Message 207 of 252

My recordings have all been going well in the past few days until last night when it failed to record the SECOND part of Eastenders...recorded the first ..

0 Ratings
Jeebo
Beginner
Message 208 of 252

PaddyB,

Could you or another moderator answer us one question.... Why did we not as custmers get the option to revert back to the previous version of software?!? Why are we forced onto the latest version and left to suffer the woes of it until a fix is "eventually" released.

In my business, if there is a software problem with the latest release, we get the next best thing - whatever the customer had last that worked, or the last latest and greatest was given as an option to try.

BT manage the releases that are BT branded, so I dont understand why you dont make such offers. Surely having your customers have the option to back out and go back to something that works, is better than passing the buck to Humax?

Also for all those who are experiencing the issue, I reset to factory settings keeping recordings and it appears to have improved. The only problem with this is if you enjoy the TV you record, and you record a lot of it, you have a long time to find and set your recordings all over again...

0 Ratings
glasgowguy
Beginner
Message 209 of 252

Re: You View Box recording for only 1 or 2 minutes!!!

update -  well eventually I recieved a call from a tech support ( out of blue and still no email acknowledgement which was what i twice requested.)   anyways a very patient gentleman talked me through a maintenance reset of box and kept my recordings.

I was and am still cautions about this ,however so far so good! 4days and counting. Note my recording were saved  but my scheduled recordings were blanked and I am working on re-instating them which will take me about a week to cover all the progs i want.  Still not trusting the box any more which is a shame really. and coincidence or not there was also another yourview update a few hours after i finnished the reset process . Full marks to Ashish who was clear , patient and very helpful - I did not manager the reset first attempt and he was more than understanding and i consider him a credit to his employer.

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 210 of 252

Re: You View Box recording for only 1 or 2 minutes!!!

My G4's charmed life ended yesterday  ... it wouldnt come out of s/by (and had the recording light on), so needed a power cycle to wake it up .... showed a 14.00 recording with only 2 mins duration, and then one scheduled for 19.00 had failed when I checked 15 mins later .....

It did record OK when I tested an 'instant' record, and successfully recorded a 'scheduled' programme for 20.30 ....

Pity - thought I had got away with this months-old bug ....

0 Ratings