cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hsinclair
Beginner
Message 1 of 252

youview recordings stopping after 2 minutes

Recordings are usually ok but in the last few days when I come to watch the recordings I find that only the 1st minute or 2 has been recorded. Nothing else scheduled at the same time, no indication of why, doesn't appear to be a failed recording and the broadband connection seems ok. Sowhat is going wrong. Several are on series record and previous episodes have been fine.

251 REPLIES 251
cordyk
Beginner
Message 2 of 252

Re: youview recordings stopping after 2 minutes

Yeah this has happened to me also last night!  I notice the box had a software update the night before so is it a problem with that maybe?

Very annoying, it was also recording the grand prix but still would only play about 2 minutes even though it was telling me it was recording!!

0 Ratings
Robin
Contributor
Message 3 of 252

This has happened to me as well, last night. Two recordings of only 1 minute!! Is it because of the new update?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 252

There are a few instances of what appear to be similar short recordings scenarios on the youview community.

The advice from the Youview rep on that forum was for the people to provide further details - ie

• What was the Programme/Channel/Time and Date of the recordings?
  • What is the signal strength/quality for that channel? (Settings > TV Signal & Quality > TV signal Quality (while on that channel))
  • Box Make/Model (Settings > System Information > Device Information)
  • Software versions (Settings > System Information > Software Version)

In the meantime, there are a few health checks that you could try first:

• Check your aerial connection is are securely connected. To be sure, disconnect then reconnect the cable (while box is off)
  • Re-tune Channels (Settings > TV Signal & Quality > Re-Tune Channels)
  • Soft Reboot (Press & hold standby button on the box for 8 seconds) 

(taken from

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/scheduled-recording-only-recording-3-mins-then-stops

0 Ratings
martdy
Contributor
Message 5 of 252

I've had this last night on 2 recordings.

Played for about 2 minutes then stopped and said playback ended. On both occasions I restarted the playback and all was OK

Annoying but thankfully programs were fully recorded (unlike the footie on Btsport which required a reboot to get working)

0 Ratings
roseview
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 252

We have the same problem. Grand Prix Highlights failed after 2 mins yesterday on BBC 1 HD (series recording) 10.30pm. Also Animal Cops on Animal Planet failed today (again 2 mins recorded). We have a Humax Youview Box
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 7 of 252

Hi Guys,

Really sorry for the problems you are having.  Our TV guys are very keen to understand what is happening so we are hoping you can provide more information.  The info we need is just like the information Zulu has highlighted from the YouView community.

Just to confirm,

• What was the Programme/Channel/Time and Date of the recordings? (is it SD or HD content?)
  • What is the signal strength/quality for that channel? (Settings > TV Signal & Quality > TV signal Quality (while on that channel))
  • Box Make/Model (Settings > System Information > Device Information)
  • Software versions (Settings > System Information > Software Version)
  • Are you watching the programme simultaneously when recording the programme (or is it a set recording while viewing something else)
  • Does this happen consistently (and for all recordings set)? i.e. is it happening once and then you can play the full recording when going back into it- or does returning to the recording later cause the issue to re-occur?
  • Is the box behaving otherwise normally (speed, responsiveness)?
  • How much Hard Disk Drive space is left on the box (can be checked in 'MyView')

If you could post the answer here, that be really helpful.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
sab60
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 252

I have noticed the same problem. It started sometime end of October/beginning of November. Some recordings still show as recording but they have definitley stopped, some say Part Recorded, some look fine but when I play them back all I have is 1 or 2 minutes, and some (not many) are OK. 

And just to make it even more wierd, sometimes when I play the recording a second time it works fine.

Has anyone managed to fix??

For info the recordings include:

Have I Got News For You - 7/11 - BBC1 HD

Marvel Agents of Sheild - C4 HD

Just Going Out - 7/11 - BBC1 HD

Various Fanily Guy episodes - BBC3 HD

Thanks

0 Ratings
CMA
Contributor
Message 9 of 252

I am getting exactly the same, i.e. some show red light on front for duration of show but only records around 2 minutes, some show as completed but when played back stop after approx 2 minutes, then if replayed again play all the way through.

Recordings Part Recorded include Citizen Khan 7/11 BBC1 HD, 2minutes only recorded despite recording light on for 30 minutes and Collison 6/11 ITV3 SD.

Recordings completed include Collison 5/11 ITV3 SD, playback stopped after 2 minutes, but then played all way through if restarted from beginning.

It is consistent in that errors occur just after the 2 minute mark.

Signal Strength on BBC2 HD is 57% Quality 100%, ITV3 Strength 46% Quality 100%

Device is DTRT2100, Manufaturers Software is 20.9.0, Component S/W is 2.8.18, Platform Configuration is 1232, ISP Configuration is 220 and finally disk space is 95% free.

Recording made earlier in October were fine, no errors and include Dr Who BBC1 HD 11/10 and 18/10.

0 Ratings
stereoworld
Message 10 of 252

Same thing just happened here.

Started recording the missing at 9 o'clock and decided to start watching it at around 9:40.

8 minutes in, it stops. Playing it again, still stops at 8 minutes (or 7 mins 45 seconds, it rounds it up).

I've noticed it does similar things as you lot have mentioned. I watched family guy earlier in the week, I have like 30 of them stored, so I don't know precisely what date they were recorded. They stop 2 mins in but after trying again they work. Not really happened for a week or so. The missing was today though.
0 Ratings