cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TVHog
Aspiring Contributor
Message 91 of 252

Re: youview recordings stopping after 2 minutes

also Coronation Street only recorded 30 mins of the 1 hour programme................

0 Ratings
Cmaccr2
Beginner
Message 92 of 252

One more for the list Really anno to have all my recordings cut out after 2 mins. Is there an explanation or a fix?
0 Ratings
Monza
Beginner
Message 93 of 252

Oh and to further add to our annoyance... Along with 2 min part recordings, wholly failed recordings, successful recordings stopping playing after 2 mins... After pausing live TV, most times we are unable to rewind or when we play after pausing then it jumps to the live moment in time. It is fast becoming completely unusable. I do hope this is a priority problem as the tech says because none of the software reboots and factory resets will do ANY good unless the latest software available addresses the problems???
0 Ratings
h7erj
Contributor
Message 94 of 252

We've had this problem for a while now. Last night was the worst, so far, though. Eastenders, Coronation Street and Downton Abbey all recorded one or two minutes. They all showed that they were recording, even after the one or two minutes. The oddest thing was while watching Eastenders, live. When we paused it it showed a paused screen from Call the Midwife, the programme that was on before. We also couldn't rewind live TV. We've also had the problem of the "playback of recording has ended" after a couple of minutes, even though the whole recording is there. Looking at the Youview forum it would seem that Youview are aware of the problem and are doing all they can to fix it. It's been going on a while now. I hope it's fixed soon. We tried the retune route but that did nothing, maybe the reset thing might work, but I doubt it will. We have the software version 20.9.0; 2.8.18 updated on 27 November. Fingers crossed for a speedy resolution. Ha.
0 Ratings
AA99
Contributor
Message 95 of 252

My 2 minute stops seem to have stopped now.  However, my son records BT Sport programmes during the night (live in USA), and the maximum record seems to be 3 hours, so where a basketball match is scheduled to last 2 and a half hours, they do overrun to 3 hours and he always misses the final few minutes of a crucial game!!!

I agree with another subscriber, that as these boxes are not fit for purpose, then we are by law entitled to a refund or exchange!

0 Ratings
summersdale
Message 96 of 252

A great Christmas day. Decided to record most of BBC 1 so that if we weren't quite ready we could rewind and play from the start. All recordings that we watched any part of the show live were 2 minutes long. Anything we didn't watch (BBC 2 and ITV) recorded properly. I am absolutely furious. This is such a fundamental part of the package.

0 Ratings
GravyboyUK
Beginner
Message 97 of 252

We've been suffering with this and I've been trying to eliminate variables...at the moment I'm looking at the random stopping whilst watching a pre-recorded program problem as being related to having an 'internet channel' as the chosen channel - e.g. Comedy Central HD. An example might help - we were  watching (or trying to) the final of Strictly and it kept randomly stopping with "Playback has ended" and skipping to the end. At the time we had Comedy Central HD on...we gave up and tried some thing else and had the same thing. Later on we returned to Strictly, but this time had BBC 1 HD as the selected channel...got through it all no problem. The same goes for this morning and our boxing day binge (aka clearing down the recording list)...not one blip...

Not conclusive, but a starting point. I'll repost if I either disprove or gain further evidence...

0 Ratings
davidrsim
Contributor
Message 98 of 252

(Cross post from Youview forum)
I did the factory reset (keep recordings) and the box is now recording successfully (so far!). However, I now have the playback problem - stops after 3 mins but can be restarted) and live pause no longer works.

IPlayer on Youview is also now buffering repeatedly and sometimes gives up altogether. Swiching to my Roku box I've no such problems.
0 Ratings
FutileExercise
Aspiring Contributor
Message 99 of 252

Having the same issue as everyone else. Have been trying to enter maintenance mode on my DTR-T2100 without success. Have followed instructions, but just continues to load when I press the power button to enter the maintenance menu. Not options to reset keeping recording.
0 Ratings
lesleyj
Contributor
Message 100 of 252

Something else I have noticed recently, not sure if it is connected: when I play a recording the screen goes completely black for about 4-5 seconds.  The first time it happened I thought the You View box had died.  After 4-5 seconds the recording suddenly starts but it starts from 5 seconds in.  In other words, the recording is seeming 'playing' for those first 4-5 seconds but all I see is a black screen.  happens with every recording.

0 Ratings