cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CMA
Contributor
Message 11 of 252

Re: youview recordings stopping after 2 minutes

Just add to my earlier post, I have just found another "2 minute" issue. Watching ITV1 HD news this evening, I missed the start of the report on the FIFA cods-up. So rewound back to the beginnning of the report, got to the point of the start of the report, pressed play to view....approx 2 minutes in the playback ceased and it jumped to the current point in the live transmission.

I am beginning to wonder if YouView actually tested this release at all.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 252

I have just started to notice this issue. Just scheduled to record a program and it started but only recorded 2 mins.

As I was watching a third Channel and recording 1 other program I expected the third program I was watching live to change over to a recording channel but it didn't.

Please report this as a bug as this is very annoying.
0 Ratings
mike200
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 252

Same problems here. Several shows only recorded 1.98 mins. Others show 30 mins recorderd and when played keeps stopping way short of the 30 mins.

And to cap it all today the "internet channels" stopped working yet again. So will I spend Saturday aftertnoon flaffing about on the phone to India, no effing chance....... simply not good enough BT. This device needs reliability - it should never have been sold/hired to retail customers.

0 Ratings
Toladessip
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 252

Just moved to BT You View from Sky and my wife is going mental with me as all her recordings are lasting between 1 and 2 minutes. If it's a faulty box I want a new one if system does not work have signed up for 18 months of something that is not being delivered I want out of the contract.
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 252

Try playing the recordings again after they stop because people are saying even though it says a few minutes and stops if you play again if will play all the way through. It is a known fault that is being looked at urgently...

0 Ratings
Toladessip
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 252

You can't get an hour out of a minute no matter how hard you try! 1 min recording is just that.
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 252

OK fine just trying to help as some people have mentioned it says a few minutes and stopped but is actually the full recording if you play again... The fault is recorded better here

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/scheduled-recording-only-recording-3-mins-then-stops

0 Ratings
aramil1701
Beginner
Message 18 of 252

Re: youview recordings stopping after 2 minutes (fault log)

• What was the Programme/Channel/Time and Date of the recordings? Ch4 HD 9pm Friday (and many others) also sometimes does not timeshift correctly, and when unpaused drops to live with no back buffer. (usually happens as a bad recording is going or has already happened) it is like the OS is unable to correctly read/write disc state/info, but also unaware it is happening.
  • What is the signal strength/quality for that channel? (Settings > TV Signal & Quality > TV signal Quality:  Strength 50% Quality 100%
  • Box Make/Model (Settings > System Information > Device Information) Humax DTRT1000
  • Software versions (Settings > System Information > Software Version) Manufacturer sw:20.9.0 Component sw:2.8.18
  • Are you watching the programme simultaneously when recording the programme while viewing something else & while watching/recording via timeshifting.
  • Does this happen consistently (and for all recordings set)?  returning to the recording later causes the issue to re-occur ie. it is only a 2min recording. Once recordings start to fail (ie two mins) all following recrdings seem to follow suit (ie two mins)
  • Is the box behaving otherwise normally (speed, responsiveness)? normally (possably a little slugish but nothing it has not always done at times)
  • How much Hard Disk Drive space is left on the box (can be checked in 'MyView') 22% free (varies from around 50 to 20)

Fully power cycling the box (ie. power off at rear switch, wait 30sec, power on) will allow recording longer than 2 mins (older faulty/bad recordings are still 2mins) & timeshifting will work, but issue will return within aprox 24/48hrs.(sometimes faster)

Playing the 2mins recordings to end and then resuming them does not give any extra recording time. ie at two mins i am at end of recording.

While recording (the faulty/bad recordings) box states it is being recorded "R" even after 2 mins although in "MyView" length is stuck at two mins and does not progress.

Hope this helps, any extra questions or info you need just ask.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 252

It would appear to be just the first H3 (DTR-T1000) type boxes that are suffering from this. I don't recall anyone with the new G4 (DTR-T2100) box making a report, unless they just haven't got round yet. Hopefully that will give them a head start into looking where the fault lies, you would have thought the software between the two boxes would be the same and if there was a fault it would be on both... Oh well who knows how these things are programmed..

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 252

One poster in this thread CMA reported problems with the DTR2100.

what would be useful is if Youview and/or BT could confirm that they have been able to reproduce the problem.
0 Ratings