cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave93
Aspiring Expert
Message 61 of 252

Re: youview recordings stopping after 2 minutes

Yes they do monitor the forums. I have been contacted personally by one of the mods regarding this issue. Mine is very similar in that it happens a few times and then is OK for sometimes weeks. They assured me they were investigating.

0 Ratings
Toladessip
Aspiring Contributor
Message 62 of 252

They also pm'd/emailed me to gather all my info and assured me they were trying to get to the bottom of it.
0 Ratings
wizzie
Message 63 of 252

Same problem here was told by BT to reset box but would lose all recordings which I,m not willing to do as would end up in a divorce as a lot of wifes programmes recorded 

0 Ratings
Robin
Contributor
Message 64 of 252

Thanks BT for almost ruining my Saturday night!!! Because of the unreliability of my YouView box to record properly since the upgrade, I left it on the channel I was going to watch. When I came to play it jumped to live TV and would only partially rewind back. I checked the recording I had set also and sure enough only 2 minutes had recorded.

If the BBC had not put my programme up on iPlayer so quickly, then my night would definitely have been spoiled.

Anyway, here are the details for your techies to see.

Strictly Come Dancing, BBC1 Scotland HD, 18.30 20/12/14

Signal Strength 41%, Signal Quality 100%

Humax DTRT1000

Software version 20.9.0

Only that was recording

Happens quite alot. Either two minute recording or "play back has ended" roughly every two minutes. But can fast forward past to watch some more until next "play back has ended" message.

Box behaves normally otherwise, some sluggishness perhaps

58% hard disk space left.

I really hope something can be done about this.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Jmmscot
Beginner
Message 65 of 252

I watched Graham Norton show yesterday and it was stopping every two minutes yet this morning I watched Atlantis and it played with no issues.  This freezing issue started at the at the end of November and has been spoiling my viewing but is it a BT issue or the bbc.  I contacted BBC and they responded that they could find no problem on their side but I'm not so sure.

0 Ratings
Jmmscot
Beginner
Message 66 of 252

With regard to my last post the respn I say is it a BBC issue is because I am not having the problem with other channels

0 Ratings
Robin
Contributor
Message 67 of 252

Hello.

Further to my last email. Atlantis on BBC 1 Scotland HD recorded only two minutes, too.  Recordings on SD channels seem to be OK or it may just be coincidence. I will record on SD for the meantime and see if there is any difference.

Thanks.

Robin.

P.S. Could someone from BT please respond, so that we know our posts are being seen.

0 Ratings
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 68 of 252

0 Ratings
sab60
Aspiring Contributor
Message 69 of 252

Hi, the problem seems to be getting worse. All recording from this weekend failed with only 2 minutes recorded. These were all on BBC1 and 2 HD and included both Strictly shows on Saturday, The Apprentice on Sunday, and MOTD2. A new behviour manifested itself on Sunday. I tried to watch MOTD2 while the program was still recording. The start and end times looked fine but the recording said 'Playback Ended' immediatley - with no recorded picture at all. Then I found the pause/rewind functions wouldnt work. After much cursing I deleted the MOTD2 recording as it was pretty useless and lo and behold, pause and rewind started working again.

Form reading other posts it seems this is a YouView problem rather than a BBC/BT/Freeview issue. However, unfortunately for BT they've hitched their offering to Youview and I'm rapidly approaching the point where I'm going to cancel BT TV and they have the Youview box back.

0 Ratings
debbiep
Message 70 of 252

I'm thinking it may be my remote control cancelling my recordings. When I'm not here the programmes record fine. But if I'm here and channel hopping or changing the volume it seems to mess with my recordings!!! Any views?
0 Ratings