cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Why does it take a week to fix an external problem? If I could not fix a fault in a week I would be out the door. 

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Faults

Go to solution

Hi @Rawcs,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

I'm sorry if you have a fault with your service. BT always aims to repair a fault within 48 hours of the fault being reported to BT. Depending on the nature of the fault the repair can sometime take longer if elements of the network are missing or need to be replaced.

If you are without service you would be entitled to automatic compensation while there is a delay in getting your service repaired - Customer service guarantee 

Have you been given any indication of what's causing the fault?

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

No indication at all Paddy. Just said it was a fault outside and gave me a fault number. No one mentioned the compensation but thank you for pointing it out. I maintain and fault fibre and copper networks on the rail and am on call. Do BT have engineers on call?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

With respect a residential network is a bit different to the rail one, for example it'll cost hundreds if not thousands a month to cover the support of having someone like you on call amongst other things

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

Really? Please tell me the difference between the difficulties of working on a rail network and a residential? Besides I’m pretty sure that BT make enough money to pay their techs a good wage.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

I don’t suppose you need to supply notice to the local authority to do work , and given you work in an industry famous for grinding to a halt when it snows or is windy , you would think an employee of that industry may be a little more understanding of the problems the public may not consider when they are inconvenienced…it would be a little like someone complaining to you that their train was cancelled , because floods undermined the track a week ago , and that customer saying ‘a week ?, you should have it fixed in a day’ , even though your company was throwing every resource available at it.
FWIW, OR ( not BT ) are responsible for fixing the network not BT.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

Hmm, when it is snowing or windy. Apparently BT techs only work in the sunshine. Please, please don’t pretend you know how the rail networks work and how they are maintained. A network is a network, basic principles apply and that goes for fault finding. You don’t even know what the fault is! So stop bumping your gums about the roads being dug up. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

You work in an industry that is  laughably poor at  repairs , that can’t deal with winter weather, yet it comes around every year ,and is ridiculed for its performance  yet you ( incorrectly ) assume every other industry must be as poor as the one you work in , you have no idea where your fault is located , yet you seem to know how long the repair should take, and are complaining to ( presumably) your supplier BT that has no involvement in the repair  , priceless 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

Are you ok? Everything ok at home? YOU presume to know everything about the railway, you don’t. If you want to talk about poor repair look to the clowns who pretend they are engineers but in the industry it’s known as button pushing. Recently we had two ex BT ‘engineers’ which I had to retrain in the basics of fibre and using an OTDR along with primary school level maths. Repairs of which you complain about are civils but I suppose you knew that. It’s funny you talk about poor performance yet here we are discussing BT’s performance. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

@Rawcswrote:

Really? Please tell me the difference between the difficulties of working on a rail network and a residential? Besides I’m pretty sure that BT make enough money to pay their techs a good wage.

There's absolutely no point in continuing as you're not grasping this at all

0 Ratings