cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4

Re: SoGea

SOGEA is just broadband only to the view of Openreach, it's broadband without a PSTN (no longer sold) or FVA (also no longer sold)
You can have broadband only with no voice service and that is SOGEA, you can have broadband with Digital Voice, that is also SOGEA.

0 Ratings
Message 2 of 4

If or when your individual copper pair isn’t needed  anymore ,  because your service is via FTTP , the SoGEA won’t be an issue for you , but as long as your individual copper pair is being used m because FTTP isn’t available, or it is and you haven’t taken the option to use it , then that copper pair service is obviously maintained, if in the distant future, when FTTP is available to a customer, but they refuse to migrate to it , then it’s conceivable that Openreach will simply have their copper pair ‘switched off ‘ and the customer choice is stark , use the FTTP network or not be an indirect Openreach customer.

I suspect you are confusing the PSTN switch off and the eventual removal of all copper pair products ( like SoGEA ) thinking they are one and the same thing , they aren’t, copper pairs for some will be around for years after PSTN  is retired in December 2025

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

@Anony1 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Contrary to what you have heard on the media, the copper network is not being removed, and will be with us for ever, as its the only practical solution in many cases.

Priority for new builds is now fibre.

If you are on an ADSL connection direct from the exchange, then that will continue unless you regrade, and FTTP is available.

You may only be offered VDSL if there is an ADSL restriction on your exchange.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

SoGea

How will SoGea still work with the removal of Copper network as I believed it used the copper wiring part to the premises?

What happens if there is a fault with the copper wriring in 3 years time and I have soGea?

Thanks

0 Ratings