cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

APPS Not playing.

Go to solution

I have a 4K Bt Box and recently it’s not letting me play Apps. Tried on Amazon to watch football and it loads but when I want to watch something it reverts back to the app screen tiles. Also done it on Netflix and Britbox. Tried launching amazon app from the epg press red function and it all loads then click on the item to watch and it goes back to the epg channel. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6

Re: APPS Not playing.

Go to solution

Try a factory reset, this can be done without losing any recordings, for details see.

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/tv-boxes/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-tv-box-

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Ok will try tomorrow. Thanks. 

Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@Bluemoon1 before doing a factory reset, try turning the box off and on again using the power switch at the back. From personal experience, this happens after heavy usage of the apps and over a period of time. Rebooting will delete any cached files that haven't deleted when the app is closed. It's normally Netflix that causes the issue as it does something similar on our old Firestick

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@NigelB72  Thanks just done the on/off trick with the button on the back and all seems well. We have been using Netflix app a lot so looks like that was the problem. Must remember that for next time. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@Bluemoon1 No worries. Glad it worked 👍

0 Ratings