cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

ASUS DSL-AC68U vs Smarthub

Hi all,

Moved into a new property and have just had my BT Fibre 1 transferred & enabled. I've kept my ASUS DSL-AC68U in use, though I notice the attached stats show quite heavy interleaving at present and no G.INP (at least so far).

My question is that is there any benefit to going to the Smarthub and whether my line interleaving is likely to improve?

Would be interested to hear any thoughts.

Thanks

Mark

IMG_20200623_181656.jpg

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: ASUS DSL-AC68U vs Smarthub

Can't think of any benefit in moving back to SH2

your connection time is short was that due to just being setup of have you been making changes with router off and on?

you need to maintain connection and if your cab is G.INP enable then you will get boost after 7/10 days stable

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 10

Thanks for that. The short connection time is down to the service only being enabled yesterday and the power adapters seemingly interfering with the line. I've enabled Lower PLC-to-VDSL to resolve that.

Guess I will wait a couple of weeks and see how it goes.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Please get back and let us know how you get on @mbmaplethorpe.

We'd be interested to hear how things go.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Looks like the line changed profile in the early hours based on the uptime. It has switched on G.INP and FastPath too. I guess this is pretty much the max I'll get from this as I'm not near he cabinet.

IMG_20200624_183211.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

@mbmaplethorpe 

If your line is very stable then the SNR could drop down to 3dB giving you a few more meg on the downstream.

My AC68U holds steady at below 3dB , even down to 2.2dB at times.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

@mbmaplethorpewrote:

It has switched on G.INP and FastPath too.

The modem will not have both activated - G.INP may be applied when you have interleaving on (it reduces the delay caused by interleaving the packets) - you are on FastPath so no interleaving is applied.  I believe OpenReach disabled G.INP support for modems with Mediatek chipsets like the Asus DSL-AC68U some years ago.  I used to use this router but once OpenReach gimped its performance I changed to a Vigor 130.

Message 8 of 10

Interesting, I'll have to see how mine goes over time.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

@brookheather 

I hadn't realised they'd disabled it for certain chipsets. I thought my line had it enabled based on it not showing under DSL modulation in the router one day and the appearing the next. If I thought it'd be beneficial I'd consider trying with the Smarthub

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

@mbmaplethorpe 

I'm inclined to think that G.INP does work as the router does state that it has a G.INP connection and from my experience it does seem to get a better connection , speedwise, when it says it has a G.INP connection.

Regardless of that the Asus gives you far better stability and functionality over the SmartHub and no external BT users getting a connection whilst allowing you to access BT Wifi when out & about. Also the Asus mobile app allows you to see what's going on and if necessary make adjustments when you're not at home.

0 Ratings