cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lrwyatt
Beginner
Message 1 of 60

Access Control on the new BT Smart Hub

So swapped out my Home Hub 5 with the new Smart Hub and everything is tickety boo apart from one major thing.

I've set up access control to block certain devices from internet, which seems to be a slight improvement over the 5 in that I can add separate rules for different day(s). 

However, it doesn't seem to matter what I put in, the devices carry on with access even during blocked times.

Has anyone got access control working with the new Smart Hub?

0 Ratings
59 REPLIES 59
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 60

Re: Access Control on the new BT Smart Hub

if a device is already connected then the access times are ignored from what I remember and that is on all hubs
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 60

I believe the access controls on the older hubs did not "throw off" devices that were already connected at the start time of the control. It only prevented the device connecting during the times. You need to make sure that the device is manually disconnected prior to or during the controlled time.

I suppose it may have been to stop any thing important that was being done on line at the start time from being lost due to the disconnection.

It sounds like the HH6 is working in the same way.

0 Ratings
lrwyatt
Beginner
Message 4 of 60

To clarify - these are devices that have been disconnected and reconnected. The Access Control doesn't appear to work - period.

I'm wondering if anyone out there can confirm they have the smart hub AND have got access control blocking devices OK...

0 Ratings
halletk
Beginner
Message 5 of 60

I have exactly the same problem. Access controls set and no effect

0 Ratings
nryden
Beginner
Message 6 of 60

I also have the same problem.  I don't think it has anything to do with having to disconnect either as if you disable access for all devices it seems to work.

0 Ratings
nryden
Beginner
Message 7 of 60

Managed to get it working again by deleting all the entries which set turned access control off.  Turned it back on & put the restrictions back in again and it seems ok.

I did notice that it was having problems saving changes sometimes previously.  Not sure if it's linked.

0 Ratings
mandatrev
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 60

we have same issue .. the kids are loving it!

I have removed all, and changed the access control to off..saved and started again but still access allowed... argh! 

any other ideas?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 60

Buy a proper router?

mandatrev
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 60