cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Accidently deleted emails in, Inbox and subfolders, Android Smartphone.

Hi,
Late last week I accidently deleted all the contents of my Android Samsung Smartphone both Inbox and subfolders. I have checked and they are not in any other visible folder, using I believed IMAP?
This identity resides in two other devises which I am reluctant to open due to the effect of instant Syncing??
I understand and provided within 7 days a "Roll Back" by bt can have a positive outcome.
Has anyone had success with this senario?
I cannot get any help from customer service and the Chatline is closed.
Thank you for any assistance with this approach is much appreciated.
Desperate, Ian.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Accidently deleted emails in, Inbox and subfolders, Android Smartphone.

It will make no difference if you use two other devices if they are set up as an IMAP account. If the emails are not on the BT server they will be gone on all your devices because your device reflects what is on the BT server.

If you have any of your devices set up as a POP3 account your emails should still be the same as the last time you checked them because the emails will have been downloaded onto your devices.

Have you checked your email account via a web browser to see if your emails and folders are in your trash folder.

You can try and get them recovered but it is in no way guaranteed that the "recovery" will succeed.

See link

https://www.bt.com/help/email/bt-email--some-of-my-emails-are-missing--can-i-recover-them-

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for a reassuring reply. As suggested had a look at mybt Web email and discover most of my Inbox in the Trash folder. However, and what is disappointing is the empty subfolders which would have had fairly old Emails, say 10 yrs. I purposely put Emails in subfolders thinking they are less likely to be accidently deteleted!
I have searched the Trash folder for old mail with no success. Would you please be able to help further with this dilema?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

When you checked the Trash folder did you notice if there was an arrow to the left of the Trash icon. If there is click on it and you should find folders that have been deleted.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Clicking on the arrow head made emails visible not folders. However, I did the usual old date search on these emails and again no success.

I am beginning to think age might be the issue and were removed by some other trait without realising due to infrequent access. Is this a possibility? 

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

They would not have been removed because of their age.

The only folder that empties after a certain time is the Trash folder.

If the emails are no where to be found when you check on your BT webmail it means they are gone.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Continued thanks.

I am now concerned that when I open my desktop client or at worst when the PC starts up, sync will occurs automatically and mirror the web mail.

Would you be able to advise on how to disable sync. at the earliest possible stage. Unfortunately I'm unsure of the settings.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

If you expect the emails still to be accessible when you open your PC you may be disappointed but if you want to ensure that it does not sync with the BT servers disconnect it from the Internet by either removing the Ethernet cable if it is hard wired or turn off the wireless connection or turn off your BT hub before opening starting the PC.

0 Ratings