cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 5

Accurate Record on the BT Sport channels?

Do BT Sport use Accurate Recording on its multicast channels on the Youview box like the BBC does to cope with overruns (eg a football match going into extra time and penalties) or does it run strictly by the clock (like Five for example)?

What about the Eurosport channels?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Accurate Record on the BT Sport channels?

Maybe the technies can supply a definitive answer but my user experience is that there is very limited accrurate recording occuring. Looks to me that the EPG is sometimes modified  to reflect a revised program time but generally overuns/late starts etc are not very well handled.

Eurosport programmes are very prone to time slippage and changes particularly now we are in the winter sports period. The Youview  Eurosport EPG got extremely confused during the Australian Open tennis when they replayed different  matches during the day & evening but the Youview guide considered that they were all the program content.

The quality of the  sports programs broadcast (BT HD and Eurosport SD)  is good and the ability to record is good but is way short of accurate recording and with the inflexibility of the Youview recording setings does require you to record extra programs to attempt to guarantee a full sports recording.  Of course the flagship sports programs have plently of expert analysis time allowed before and after the match start time so you generally are assured of getting the full match.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Ta.  I will be going for Plan C (Plan B is manual padding which is not an option on Youview) and recording the following programmes too as I like to have at least an hour, preferably two hours, post-padding when recording live sport (or recording something after a session of live sport, especially tennis which is notorious for overrunning into following programmes).

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

BT & Eurosport appear to have different approaches to tennis programs in the EPG  - BT tend to break the coverage of a tennis tournament down into 2 hour slots with a description of the match most likely to be in progress at that time. Eurosport often have one programme spanning the whole of the tennis day/evening session although they did  have a habit of making an EPG change during the Aussie Open to include a specific programme when Andy Murray match was scheduled - so you ended up 3 programms  .. play before Andy's match .... Andy's match ..... play after Andy's match.  .... a series record would capture this type of late change otherwise you would have needed to set 3 programs to record. 

Playing back a Eurosport (multihour) tennis replay program can be less straightforward that it could be due to the current fastforward facilities available for the internet channel recording. I've also experirenced when watching part of the recording in one session .... Youview deciding that I had Watched rather than part watched the recording .....meaning returning to the recording later I couldn't resume from the point I had left at but had to restart from the beginning and go forward to where I left off  takes a while to move forward 6 or 8 hours.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

I am not interested in tennis other than how coverage of it can delay showing of the sport I *do* want to watch.

0 Ratings