cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

All my services have been stopped!!

Last night at about 1am the broadband went down, I couldn't be bothered with resetting the hub so just went to sleep. When I woke at 6am the internet was still down, the hub had an orange power light with pulsing red 'b', I tried resetting the hub several times and eventually gave up and came to work. I contacted BT and after several attempts was told there was a fault on my line and an engineer would need to visit to check it out. I got the fault reference number at around 12pm and thought nothing more of it.

I contacted my son at around 3:30pm and asked him to check the hub which was still showing an orange light but with a solid red 'b'. I told him to reset the hub with a paperclip and at the same time I checked my email and found I'd had two from BT. The first email was titled "You need to return your equipment" and the second "Stopping your BT service". The second email has also come with a demand for payment.

I have telephoned the number in the email and was asked if I have requested the line to be taken over, I told her I hadn't requested that and BT hasn't contacted me previously to say sorry you are leaving. She said that she has canceled the order to stop the service and would email, but as yet I have nothing and all my services remain stopped and I am a little worried that BT will start demanding payment or take the money owed until the contract end date (which I thingk is august)

Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice would be much appreciated.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: All my services have been stopped!!

I'm asking the forum moderators (BT staff) to mlook into this for you and they will post contact info here later.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 3 of 8

Hi @ShakeyRed

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry that your broadband has been disconnected.  I can imagine the shock and confusion receiving the emails about stopping your BT services.

Send us over your details and we'll check what happened.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Thanks for your help, a moderator did indeed ask me to contact them which I did four days ago. I am yet to receive any answer. I have received an email from a ‘no reply’ address which blames me for the fiasco and therefore I have no choice but to open a case on Resolver which will no doubt be escalated to Nick Lane, Managing Director, Customer Sales & Service Operations.

The email I received stated my services would resume at the earliest possible date which is 26 June 2018, that is unacceptable, and I do not wish to have my services resumed until the whole debacle has been dealt with either through Resolver or further if I have to. The contract I was in was reduced heavily due to a complaint which started in September 2016 and took BT 8 months to rectify, that was the only reason I stayed with them. This error is far worse with far more disruption and now lies from BT blaming me for the error.

If any BT staff are reading this, please contact me asap as the case on Resolver is my preferred method of communication.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

if you completed the form following mod link (not a PM) then mods will get back to you  they reply in strict order of forms received to ensure everyone treated equally and at present can take 2/4 days - just patience until your form reaches to of inbox

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

The form (not PM) was sent 4 days ago, with advice it would be replied to within 48 hours. I think waiting another 48 hours is being pretty patient. Don't you?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

the mods will get back to you but as everyone thinks there problem is most important the mods reply in order received and as soon as yours reaches top of inbox they will contact you timescale is normally working days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 8

Even if timescale is working days today would be the third, the form was sent on Friday (1st working day) and today is Tuesday (3rd working day).

Everyone’s problem IS most important to them and the Staff shouldn't offer a service if they can't provide it. When you are told to expect a reply within 48 hours then I expect a reply within 48 hours, I’m old fashioned like that. I don't expect to hear excuses of them being busy or meaning working days timescale when there was no mention of them until they are already 48 hours late in replying.

If I said to BT I'll pay you in within 48 hours and then withheld the payment and used the excuse that when the invoice reaches as the top of my in tray I’ll pay then, would BT accept that? Would they just say 'Well, he's probably busy, we’ll let him pay when he’s ready'? or Would they feel I probably meant working days? No of course they wouldn't, they would be phoning, texting, emailing, writing letters and sending carrier pigeon the very second it becomes past due.

0 Ratings