cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Anyone moved over to Virgin, regretted it and moved back to BT ?

So I can get max 50Mbps with BT, and BT and openreach websites show no plans for fibre to property. At times things slow down in my busy family when everyone is streaming, playing online games, watching netflix simultanesouly etc. I apparently have Virgin cable to my property so could go for something like their 200Mbps package. But I hear bad things about their routers and would have to give up my landline. Just wondered if anyone had moved over to Virgin and had a bad experience ? I'm guessing those who moved from BT to Virgin won't be here of course, so I will only maybe hear one side of the story...

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Anyone moved over to Virgin, regretted it and moved back to BT ?

I looked into VM once and read the small print, I immediately decided against it because they give you an expected speed which is a tenth of what you sign up for with no minimum speed guarantee..... 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

you can move to virgin and still retain a landline with BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Thanks yes, what I meant when I said I would have to lose my landline is basically I couldn't afford to keep it plus add Virgin
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I moved to Virgin and never regretted it, never had an issue with speed. You can also move your landline to Virgin but the same as Openreach they are phasing out copper to digital.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

I switched from TalkTalk to Virgin five years ago and back to BT last September.  The main reason was Virgin broadband was unreliable, with frequent dropouts in excess of an hour, typically 2-3 times a week.  They were also inflexible, refusing to offer me  a deal that did not include TV  even though I was years out of initial contract.  There were other reasons too but as my wife was insistent we remove the ugly black VM cabling adorning the front walls, not a factor with BT, we made the switch.  Took quite an effort to retrieve our landline number but very happy with BT fttc, both for speed and reliability.

0 Ratings