cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

BT Baby Smart Monitor

Hi, I've got the BT Smart Baby Monitor 6800 - it has been working fine for the past few days but today all of a sudden the parent unit wont connect to the camera. The signal bar is red, I have tried reseting everything, reseting my wifi, tried linking the unit to the camera again but all I'm getting is a white screen and the beeping sound. 

Can anyone help at all please? 

Many Thanks

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Baby Smart Monitor

Hi @Maria1404

That’s the trial name “BT Smart Baby Monitor 6800” for others this is the “BT Smart Baby Monitor with 5 inch screen

You have said “Parent unit won’t connect to the camera. The signal bar is red, I have tried resetting everything, resetting my WiFi, and tried linking the unit to the camera again but all I'm getting is a white screen and the beeping sound.” 

The Camera has 2 methods of connection, Parent unit to Camera connects using DECT  WiFi and Camera to App is via WiFi connection  you don’t require the monitor to connect the camera to the APP.

So if it’s a white screen then that sounds like a monitor screen fault, so factory reset the parent unit ie the screen is white then it’s a fault covered by the 2 year warranty.

This is how your reset the parent unit (Screen)

1. 1. Press and hold down the POWER button on the Parent Unit for 10 seconds. The BT logo should flash up momentarily then the Parent Unit should link back to the Baby Unit
  2. Press ‘menu’, scroll to the ‘camera +’ icon and scroll up to any camera that does not have a tick next to it and press 'ok'
  3. On the Baby Unit, press and hold down the ‘link’ button – within a few seconds you should hear a beep and the image from the selected camera should be displayed

If the unit begins to beep, searching for the original camera number (usually number 1), please de-link camera 1 keeping the latest camera to be registered linked only -

1. Press ‘menu’ again & scroll to the ‘camera -’ icon
  2. Scroll to the camera number that you wish to de-register & press ‘ok’
  3. Scroll down to the cross icon & press ‘ok’ 

As to the camera you should still have access via the Smart Controls App. if its working try the link process again.

Any problems then the helpdesk is contactable on btvideobaby@bt.com

if its a fault you will require proof of purchase to claim.