cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Box Problems

Go to solution

Ive had my BT box now for 7 weeks , getting it just before lockdown began. From the beginning there had been problems with the standby and turning the TV on from a stand-by state, it would be completely unresponsive and the only way to turn it on would be by either turning the box off at the wall or turning it off via the switch at the back.

I thought this might be just initial teething problems so let it settle a couple weeks, when nothing changed I looked to change the stand by setting which again has not helped. Sometimes the box turns on fine, however other times it wont budge and when you do get it on it cuts out 2 minutes later.

I have since tried to initiate a “Master Reset”, however this has proven to be extremely difficult as the box keeps freezing and cutting out; when I finally get through to the box setup stage, I cannot progress any further as it is saying that the box is not connect to the router/internet.

I have tried turning everything off and back on, multiple times & all wires are new and were working fine before the master reset.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Box Problems

Go to solution

@cforsy, welcome to the community and thanks for posting. If the factory reset hasn't worked then it sounds like you might need a new box, I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

We're quite busy at the moment so it will take a few days for us to reply, if this is urgent you can also report the fault by calling 150. 

Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Box Problems

Go to solution

Hi I’m having exactly the same problems as below. The box keeps turning itself off completely and only way to turn it back on is using the switch at the back. Have tried resetting everything multiple times but no change

0 Ratings