cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yellowandgreen
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Cloud - A critique

Similar to many I have just had a week of torment trying to adapt to the new cloud. Suffered just as bad as many on here trying to sort 60gb of data. However after 3 reinstall's on my desktop pc I do believe I now have a working cloud.
Just to expand a little. I have the cloud on several smart phone's (ios and android, a laptop, a desktop (windows10) and an ipad). I now have all my folders and files backed up on the cloud and all is visible across the devices. The devices are all syncing. I am also enjoying the ability to upload music and play across all devices. Trust me these are not smug comments, as I have spent too much time to mention on this. I think the best advice is to remove all traces of the previous cloud and upload as you would if you never had BT cloud before.
Well that's the good news so here is the bad. The main user issue is the size of the photo's, they are far too small across all devices (even the desktop) and you need to open the files to see them clearly. So please can we have bigger pictures and on a smart phone, no more than 3 photos across the screen when you view a folder of photos. I am also unable to scroll photos on a smart phone until moved to a photo Album or in all photos mode. Scrolling works fine on the ipad. The level of zoom is also not as strong as before. Try downloading individual pictures and you will see the difference.
OK I await the abuse from the irate! Trust me I think BT treat us customers appallingly. I am 4 months into a miss billing issue. Phoned yet again today because I am being charged £6/month out of contract fee for BT Sport but I am not out of contract. It is being reimburse but because it was an Indian call centre handling the call I will bet £6 I will be charged £6 on next months bill. I am actually owed £14.50 but thought better of trying to explain this although I did mention the fact. I am actually in genuine fear of turning the TV on tonight having spoken to an Indian call centre today. I will most likely be missing a few channels! The first call I made today the lady wanted to charge me for my second TV box I have owned since last December. I broke out in a cold sweat. Said don't touch my account and phoned again. You really can't make it up the poor customer service and the launch of the new cloud is typical of the lousy service we have to endure. Best of luck.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Cloud - A critique

@yellowandgreen wrote:
Similar to many I have just had a week of torment trying to adapt to the new cloud. Suffered just as bad as many on here trying to sort 60gb of data. However after 3 reinstall's on my desktop pc I do believe I now have a working cloud.
Just to expand a little. I have the cloud on several smart phone's (ios and android, a laptop, a desktop (windows10) and an ipad). I now have all my folders and files backed up on the cloud and all is visible across the devices. The devices are all syncing. I am also enjoying the ability to upload music and play across all devices. Trust me these are not smug comments, as I have spent too much time to mention on this. I think the best advice is to remove all traces of the previous cloud and upload as you would if you never had BT cloud before.
Well that's the good news so here is the bad. The main user issue is the size of the photo's, they are far too small across all devices (even the desktop) and you need to open the files to see them clearly. So please can we have bigger pictures and on a smart phone, no more than 3 photos across the screen when you view a folder of photos. I am also unable to scroll photos on a smart phone until moved to a photo Album or in all photos mode. Scrolling works fine on the ipad. The level of zoom is also not as strong as before. Try downloading individual pictures and you will see the difference.
OK I await the abuse from the irate! Trust me I think BT treat us customers appallingly. I am 4 months into a miss billing issue. Phoned yet again today because I am being charged £6/month out of contract fee for BT Sport but I am not out of contract. It is being reimburse but because it was an Indian call centre handling the call I will bet £6 I will be charged £6 on next months bill. I am actually owed £14.50 but thought better of trying to explain this although I did mention the fact. I am actually in genuine fear of turning the TV on tonight having spoken to an Indian call centre today. I will most likely be missing a few channels! The first call I made today the lady wanted to charge me for my second TV box I have owned since last December. I broke out in a cold sweat. Said don't touch my account and phoned again. You really can't make it up the poor customer service and the launch of the new cloud is typical of the lousy service we have to endure. Best of luck.

So the BT Cloud works.....?

0 Ratings
yellowandgreen
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

It works but in need of improvement. How a company with the money and resources of BT can launch a sub standard product beggars belief but if ever you needed to contact BT, that also beggars belief. There is a clear culture of arrogance about BT. A good senior manager / director is needed to sort out the whole culture of BT. I have endured and still enduring account nonsense that shouldn't take a rocket scientist to sort out but being BT shackled to an antiquated regime there is no end in sight. How does a company get away with imposing an Indian call centre on its customers. They speak English but don't understand English. It is excruciating. All I want is to be charged correctly and be given the package I paid for. I am on the top package including Netflix and a second box. Why is it I can't speak to someone that understands English. A multi billion pound company that treats it's customers with utmost contempt. I would welcome a moderator to look into my account. I like others have been driven to vent our spleen on forums like this because this arrogant company is allowed to get away with poor service. Great when things work hopeless when they don't. You are on your own.
0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

@yellowandgreen wrote:
They speak English but don't understand English.

To be frank, it can also be difficult to understand people who claim to be native English speakers, or writers.

Your own messages aren't the easiest to follow. For starters, paragraphs can help, along with question marks at the end of questions.

Your observations on BT's performance are generally on the right lines. But it is easy to see why they might skip over them without going through the effort of trying to unpick the meaning.

I mention this only because you brought up the issue of language. Keep it short and sweet and you may have more effect in your tussles with BT.