cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Cloud duplicates all files onto hard disc

Go to solution

My ignorance led me to believe that if I used BT Cloud, all my files would be duplicated in the Cloud - not on my PC. But I seem to have everything, about 400 gb in all, duplicated on my hard disc. Is this correct as if so I think I may have to find another way to back up my stuff before I run out of all the space left on both PC and Laptop.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Cloud duplicates all files onto hard disc

Go to solution

BT sync, does this by default. Go into the windows app and on the sync tab unckeck the devices. This will delete all the duplicated files on your PC in the "BT Cloud folder" but leave them on the cloud server. Remember though that if you add any other devices you will have to uncheck them to prevent it doing the same thing.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks, yes it works, I have 500 Gb back in all!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Is it just me or is backing up to the cloud a way to save your stuff from device crashes and at the same time save your device memory from clogging up?  Most people back up anyway to their PC.  Having backed up up to the cloud why would I want a duplicate of all my stuff on my PC in addition to my standard backup?  That's going to be 3 copies of everything.  In my case, BT duplicated my stuff on 2 different drives making 4 copies of all my stuff.  Save yourself some memory space and avoid the desktop client launch.  You can save to BT Cloud direct.   In any case my BT desktop update doesn't work and just sits there.  The verification email for this community does not respond in Windows Live Mail.  In short - it's all a little unsatisfactory.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I remember that thread! Not long after I gave up using Cloud. Now everything goes onto a portable hard disc. I update it monthly and store it at another address. All media files are duplicated across a PC and a laptop.

0 Ratings