cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Email if cancel broadband

Go to solution

I am fed up with several BT broadband annoyances.  Despite using BT for over 25 years I am going to change but I don’t want to change my email address. Is it possible to keep it? TIA

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Email if cancel broadband

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

So, you are tied in! No wonder there is so much dissatisaction.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

No, only if you want to use clients or apps.

I think it is more than reasonable to allow a non-customer to use their email facility via webmail only. Would you expect to be able to call out the AA to fix your car if you moved to the RAC?

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@4maddogs wrote:

So, you are tied in! No wonder there is so much dissatisaction.

Where does it say you are tied in.

You are free to either stop using the BT email address and use another providers service or if you want to keep your BT email address for free you can use the BTBasic email service.

Previously your email account would be closed in its entirety if you moved to another provider. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
I am fairly sure that ISP are no longer allowed to cancel email accounts now. I am just fed up with paying more than £65 per month for a pretty substandard service.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@4maddogs wrote:
I am fairly sure that ISP are no longer allowed to cancel email accounts now. 

That is why your email account is not being cancelled and you are being offered a basic email service for free. It is entirely up to you if you want to make use of that service or not. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@4maddogs  Please tell me in what other walks of life would you expect to obtain a service from a company you no longer have a contract with or any association?