cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 831 of 1,492

Re: BT Fibre 900 Upgrade / Smart Hub 2 upload throttling..... Update

Many variables can cause this as been discussed many times on here.

Wired connection

Drivers up to date on PC

Home Hub 2 does have issues

I got my 900 package installed over a week ago and fitted my Asus RT-AX88U router and never once had speed issues uploading or downloading.

Have you tried setting up a PPPoE connection direct to the ONT from your PC.

That will tell you what is coming into your premises for sure.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 832 of 1,492

Touch wood, 

the very next day after install, Smart Hub did a firmware update and all was good with the speeds.

0 Ratings
Message 833 of 1,492

Well a factory reset and left overnight has fixed my download speeds now. Just stuck with the 50Mb upload limit, hopefully that fixes itself tonight or the mods can sort

0 Ratings
Message 834 of 1,492

I have been stuck on the 50Mbps upload cap since my 900Mbps product install in July.
Download speeds are fantastic, but no amount of factory restores, reboots or power cycles has made any difference to the poor upload speed. 
I did query it to the guys when they installed it, but they said it wasn't anything they could do anything about as the fibre quality was perfect. 

Please can one of you lovely moderators help me out by letting me know how I can get this firmware fix sent remotely to by Smarthub.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 835 of 1,492

All,

I have this exact same issue as well, although mine starts at 50Mbit and then drops to 20Mbit after an hour or so and not matter what I try it stays at 20!.

I have connected a Google Nest WiFi to test and that delivers over 80Mbit upload so its certainly the hub.

If one of the kind moderators on here could DM me with the fix it would be greatly appreciated as I much prefer to use the SmartHub2 as it has superior WiFi coverage.

Thanks Again

Andy J.

0 Ratings
Message 836 of 1,492

I'm also having this exact same issue where the SH2 is limiting me to 50mb upload speeds even though I am on the Full Fibre 900 package and should be getting nearer 110.

I would appreciate a moderator reaching out with the fix that has been sent to some of the other members on here.

Many thanks,

0 Ratings
Message 837 of 1,492

Fear not, a mod will contact you and push a firmware update to your hub. I think it took me 4/5days from my post on here to having the cap lifted.

0 Ratings
Message 838 of 1,492

@JohnC2 

Tagged him so he may look in now. 🙂

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 839 of 1,492

Hi @sweetfeetpete 

Welcome and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry for the problems you're having with your upload speed.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 840 of 1,492

Robbie, is it possible to DM me as please?. Thank you very much!
0 Ratings