Hello, we placed an order back in October for the FTTP BT infinity 4. Due to the issues with the infrastructure and the need to install new underground ducting we are still awaiting Fibre broadband. With the release of 'BT Ultrafast 2' is there anyway we can change the terms of the contract as we will be paying more and receiving a slightly slower service and we have yet to have an activation date confirmed?
Thanks for your help.
Is it available to you? If FTTP is available in your area I doubt Ultrafast2 will be.
Yes the new Ultrafast 2 is available to me. I thought they were both FTTP? Ultrafast 1 and 2 replaced the old Infinity 3 and 4 packages?
Yes I see now sorry, I just re-read a news article on the Ultrafast rollout. So I assume if I wanted this new package I would have to wait again for more cableing to be installed between my cabinet and my property?
No, it is a bolt on to the cabinet as far as I'm aware. Have you checked availability in your area here https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/broadband/ultrafast?s_intcid=con_intban_dmedia_content_ultraf... I didn't think G.fast would be rolled out in areas that had FTTP.
Interesting. Obviously your choice, but a full fibre delivery would be preferable to a copper delivery in my view. I guess it depends on how long the delay to FTTP is.