cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT Internet Mail and Outlook 2013 interface

Go to solution

I want to move SOME folders/emails (but not all) from my BT Yahoo/BT Internet email down to Outlook 2013.  I have numerous folders and emails that I want to have (if possible) in the inbox/folders of a new email address they relate to but need to preserve the original sender and date so cannot just resend.

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Internet Mail and Outlook 2013 interface

Go to solution

Configure the account as IMAP in Outlook 2013 and only subscribe to the folders you wish to sync. Once they are in Outlook 2013 you can move them at will.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

@licquorice 

OK so this is slightly embarrassing, I must have dreamt it was Outlook 2013, I actually have 2010 in case that makes a difference.

So is there a way of setting it up so it does not download from the main inbox but just from the specified folders within my BT Yahoo Mail?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
When I set up the account in Outlook it has downloaded all the folders before I had a chance to select any and then I got a message "
Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for ***** (account name).' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for ***** (account name). Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

There are too many folders for me to check whether or not it has brought everything down.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Re: BT Internet Mail and Outlook 2010 interface

Go to solution

I have set up my BT Internet email account in Outlook 2010 to download contents of subscribed folders but it is also downloading my main inbox folder which I do not want as I manage the inbox through webmail and just want the folders contents downloaded. Is there a way to unsubscribe from downloading what remains in the Inbox? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Not entirely sure why you are using Outlook at all if you don't want to receive emails to your Inbox. There are certain folders which are 'special' folders within the IMAP protocol which cannot be changed and will always sync with the server. Inbox and Sent folders are such folders. You can still manage your Inbox in webmail, the copy in Outlook will just be a mirror.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@licquorice  I am using Outlook to keep a back up copy of emails relating to a particular project.  I move item from inbox to project related folders in webmail and then just wanted to download the updated contents of the folders rather than keep everything on my laptop.

If it is not possible I can live with it, but I hoped it might be.

Is there perhaps another solution?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Also, I am still getting an error message....

Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for h.bt@btinternet.com.' reported error (0x800CCCD2) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for h.bt@btinternet.com. Error: An IMAP command failed. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

Can anyone advise how I resolve this?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

So it appears there needed to be two changes made to overcome the sync error:

1. In Outlook Click on File > Options > Advanced > Send/Receive > Edit "All Accounts"

For my btinternet account, change the "Receive mail items" setting to "Download headers for subscribed folders." 

2. go to account settings (for the btinternet account) and click advanced account settings, then select the "deleted items" tab. select "mark items to delete but do not move them"

Syncing now seems to work ok.