cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Landline Renumbering?

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

Would it be possible to renumber my BT Landline service, to a number of my choice, as long as it is spare/available? I previously had landline number for a few years when I stopped my services with BT, without moving to another provider. I have been informed on good authority, and by briefly trying to call the number, that it is currently spare/available.

Would I be able to request this specific number, and make an actual application of service for this phone number? And if so, how long will it take? I have also heard, that if a phone number remains with the same service provider, and the same exchange, that it inproves the chances of succeeding?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Landline Renumbering?

Go to solution

@edwardstpowell 

Welcome to this user forum.

Are you now a BT Retail customer?

If not, then you would have to become one first, accept a new number to start with, then request your old number back, provided it had not already been re-issued to another customer. There is a small charge for this service.

You would still need to be connected to the same BT exchange building that you were originally connected to.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Are there any additional costs with being a BT Retail Customer? And how might it affect the price of my plan,  if I became a BT Retail Customer? You see I am on a £14.14 discounted rate with BT, and I get all the addons included in that rate too. I am due to have my installation this Thursday afternoon.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@edwardstpowell wrote:

I am due to have my installation this Thursday afternoon.

what are you getting installed?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

My BT Home Phone Package:

- Pay As You Go Call Plan
- They'll start when your phone service starts, on a monthly subscription.
- Ex-directory
- Should start before midnight on: 7th Jan 2021
- Contract is for: 12 months, starting when my service starts
- BT Line Rental Plus at a fixed £14.14 monthly rate

My Free Calling Features (Included in my plan/package):

- BT Call Protect
- BT Privacy at Home
- Caller Display
- Three Way Calling
- Calling Features Pack
- Ring Back
- Call Diversion
- Call Waiting
- Outgoing Call Barring

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

so just a landline phone connection

once it is connected and working then you can do as @Keith_Beddoe suggested and phone 150 and asked to be renumbered to your selected number and pay the cost of transfer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings