cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

BT SmartHub 2 Smart Setup

Go to solution

I am having problems connecting Amazon Echo devices to my Smarthub 2. One of the solutions advanced is to switch off the Smart Setup option. I have logged in the hub as administrator and set the Smart Setup flag Off and Saved. As soon as it saves, it reverts to On. This happens on other settings such as trying to change the Wireless Mode from Mode 1. Any suggestions?

Originally posted in wrong group.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: BT SmartHub 2 Smart Setup

Go to solution

Hi @SharkyW 

If you turn off 5GHz can you save this and then connect the Echo?

If you can't try resetting the Hub on the back. If that still doesn't allow you to save changes then I would say that you have a faulty Hub. Personally I think that they've had a bad batch of SH2s, I've had one and there's been a few posts where replacements have solved problems.

Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

try factory reset by holding recessed button on back until lights flash about 20/30secs and see if that solves the problem  if still the same then phone CS and ask for a replacement hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Many thanks. Unusually quick response from BT. New hub being delivered tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution
Many thanks for suggestions. Having to go down the new hub route.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution
Ok. Installed replacement SmartHub. Exactly same problems. Reverted to original Hub6. That works! Good job I didn’t return it when I got my first SmartHub. Not at all impressed.

Just as an aside. When BT sent out my replacement SmartHub, they turned on the Backup which meant my BT mobile was free. Didn’t need it as the hub still ‘worked’, however they turned it back off before the new hub arrived!
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

Ok, the latest. BT have told me to continue using my original Hub6 and return both replacement Smarthub2’s. I cannot believe that I am the only person having these problems with the new Halo hubs!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

You are not the only one, there are plenty of posts on this forum about the wireless issues. The usual solution is to disable the 5GHz wireless on the smart hub 2.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

Keith,

Thanks for the response. The issue is that for both SmartHub2 devices supplied, I cannot save any changes made such as turning off the 5Ghz Wireless. At least with the old Hub6 you can split the 2.5/5GHz!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

@SharkyW wrote:

Keith,

Thanks for the response. The issue is that for both SmartHub2 devices supplied, I cannot save any changes made such as turning off the 5Ghz Wireless. At least with the old Hub6 you can split the 2.5/5GHz!

Sounds more like a browser issue, however I believe that the latest software update means that you cannot use a web browser anymore, it can only be done via the BT app.