cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Sport app on Firestick - HD/4K?

So I've just renewed with BT. Been a loyal (and happy) customer for ever! I was on the good old BT TV package, but now moved to the NowTV and broadband, plus sport. I was told what I would loose, far from ideal to be honest, but what was left out and wasn't mentioned was that I would loose HD sports. Really shocking to learn this after it was all done, I then spent 2 days trying to get it activated, at £5 monthly much to my massive annoyance, even had to suffer 2 nights of premier league in SD! Like watching a game from the 90's...

I now have the HD channels, but now with the new 4K box that was sent, Ultimate is not working. 4K is the only benefit to me in paying monthly for this at all, I had the older HD only box. 

So can I ask - does the BT sports package allow you to stream in HD or preferably even 4K, when streaming either on a BT Sport TV app on a Samsung TV, or on an Amazon FireTV product? As frankly, £5 monthly to watch on the BT TV box, or get a firestick - I'd rather to the latter and just use the app instead of my BT box. As NowTV is a native app on my TV or a firestick anyway.

I am still waiting for a solution from BT but need to know the options really to get my facts right.

Many thanks in advance.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Sport app on Firestick - HD/4K?

If it helps - I get BT Sport Ultimate in 4K/HDR on the Firestick for the live Ultimate programmes. Only a few are HDR.

You will need getting on for 30Mpbs available for the Firestick to stream at that quality.

If you are having streaming problems - it could be your Internet speed is low which will also stop you from getting Ultimate on the BTtv set-top-box.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

that's great thanks, but do you have the £5 extra bundle for HD/4K?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I have BT's Max 4K pack - I don't want NowTV so have not changed.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I'd be more looking at your setup if the SD picture was that bad, there's no way it should be that bad in all honesty

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Watch SD content on a 55" 4K OLED screen, when you've watched HD for years... if it doesn't look bad, you have problems with your eyes!
0 Ratings