cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT TV Apps for Catch-up TV

Hi Community,

I installed my new TV Box today and tried to watch C4 catch-up using the App, but I could not see Grand Designs Australia. I can however view Grand Designs Australia using C4 catch-up website. Is there a difference between the BT TV Apps installed on the box those on the actual websites for BBC, ITV, C4 for example. I was hoping I will be able to view the same content at the same time, unless there is a time delay, but will be strange if that is the case.

I am new to BT TV/NOW TV package. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT TV Apps for Catch-up TV

It's up to the content owners and channel operators to make their catch-up/on demand content available across all platforms. Sometimes there may a rights issue that prohibits it going on certain forms of catch-up services, other times it could just be sloppyness in their part. Either way, BT don't control this content.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi @ZXSpectrum 

looking at your example I suspect it is a Channel  4 issue.

Reasoning here is that if you use the general Searth in Youview for Grand Dersigns Australia you get the available ON Demand content which clearly shows Series 8 Episide 9  (currently available for 7 more days) and Series 8 episode 10  (currently available for 14 more days)and gives you the option to watch on demand. Selecting either episode launches the All4  player but each then reports  an All 4 (All4-001 error) "Well this is embarrassing Something's not working, please try again in a few minutes."

As you have found if you launch the All 4 app itself you van find no trace of Grand Designs Australia  when using the apps own search.

As the content is accessible on my large screen Samsung TV All4 app  it is unlikely to be a rights issue but rather a simple Channel 4  All 4 error. Also as Channel 4 have indicated to Youview (evidence the search results returned) that the content is available the error is in my opinion firmly with Channel 4.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thank you. I will try to email C4. Naturally I like to now be able to view the contents on a bigger screen rather than on my PC monitor or having to chrome-cast to my TV as I had done previously.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thank you. I will try to email C4. Naturally I like to now be able to view the contents on a bigger screen rather than on my PC monitor or having to chrome-cast to my TV as I had done previously.
0 Ratings