cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT TV Device Management

Can I please ask for help, as the BT help function doesn’t seem to like my query !

I had 2 devices with BT TV enabled - for the 2nd device, it has not been used since Jan. Therefore today I removed the 2nd device via Device Management, in order to add a replacement device.  

Device Management now showing locked 2nd device icon, stating that I can register a new device every 30 days…

Surely removing a device doesn’t then trigger a 30 day wait to add its replacement ? I had to remove one device, to give me room to add the new one…

Any help would be gratefully received.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT TV Device Management

Hi @YSEdinburgh, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

This has come up before and you do have to wait 30 days to register a new device.

Thanks

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks John, I appreciate the response - but it makes no sense that customers have to wait 30 days to carry out a remove&add change. I get that if you added a device on day 1, then you should wait 30 days to change to another device; but when I’m removing BT TV from a device to make room for a replacement, it seems unfair to have to wait 30 days to do that. So I’m paying for a service that I can’t use for 30 days - maybe time to look elsewhere…

Message 4 of 4

I've seen this before - you should be able to "remove an old device and add a new device" once in the 30 day period.

Sometimes I've just checked on the list and nothing has changed for months and still it says I've got to wait even before removing a device.  The system seems to get confused.

You should be able to remove any number of devices at any time.

The limit is you can only add one if one has not already been added is the previous 30 days.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings