cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT fibre speed down to non-fibre speed

Go to solution

Not a good morning for BT. Could not log into BT Yahoo this morning, appears to be the usual server change over problem which is never fixed and BT are aware this morning. However, I checked our Fibre broadband speed, which is consistently 40/5. This morning it is approximately 10/10, although BT checker says no problem with my phone line or broadband, which is patently untrue. I used several servers for speed checks, the default one appeared unavailable! My daughter 60 miles away in London got similar results yesterday (Sky) of approx 8/14, most unusual. What is going on? Is this a fault down to Open Reach?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT fibre speed down to non-fibre speed

Go to solution

@Dick777 

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
No noise
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Could you post the connection stats from the hub.

HH6 Advanced settings/technical log/information.

HH5 Troubleshooting/helpdesk.

Re BT Yahoo mail:- there is an ongoing issue with Yahoo DNS, Yahoo are aware and working to sort it out.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi

Many thanks for the reply. BT traced BB fault to cabinet and engineer is calling tomorrow.

The yahoo mail fault made today’s national press! Unfortunately the faults shown when trying to log into email account encourage users to change passwords, when it is much better to just wait for the Yahoo servers to change and the service returns to normal, but took several hours yesterday! 

Thanks again

**bleep**

0 Ratings