Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 21 of 26

Re: BT settings For ASUS DSL-AC68U

Go to solution

Hello @TimCurtis,

OK, I've enabled AIProtection now and using OpenDNS on the DSL-AC68U VDSL modem / router. Thank you so much for helping me 🤗 😄 I really cannot thank you more than enough.

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 22 of 26

Go to solution

Hi BT Community 🤗 & good evening to you all 😁,

I have one final question to ask you all before I go off-line for a bit, now I'm not using the BT SmartHub 2 (but I've kept it just in case anything goes wrong) I'm using the ASUS DSL-AC68U VDSL modem / router as my main incoming connection to the modem / router. My question is will my bill still be the same £29.99 per month *even though I'm NOT using BT's VDSL modem / router?

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 26

Go to solution

@Anonymous 

There'll be no change to your billing for using a different router.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 24 of 26

Go to solution

Hi @TimCurtis,

OK, thanks for letting me know ASAP. If I have any problems with the ASUS DSL-AC68U I'll PM (Private Message) you OK 😋 🤗.

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 26

Go to solution

@Anonymous 

No don't PM me , just post queries on the forum so others might benefit from or contribute to.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 26

Re: BT settings For ASUS DSL-AC68U - BT Modem HG615

Go to solution

Hello Tim, I wounder if you have a full set of setting instructions up your sleave.  Somthing went bump on my network which had been running quite happily al be it rather complex (nodes)   for some time.  The other afternoon it just stopped working. It appears not to have a working DNS anymore. The BT HG615  has all three lights working as usual and the AC68U shows the WAN active and connected  the thing that is unusal is all my PC's and Laptops show no internet and indeed fail to resolve well know URL addresses or indeed ping to the likes of 8.8.8.8.

I have contacted BT via phone SMS and they say there is a fault which they should be able to fix in 6 days. What they dont say is what the fault is. 

Mean time I have purchaced a Tenda AC1200 which has a built in DSL -Internet modem and that works, all be it DNS IP need to be set up manualy but it is only £29 ideal for the emergancy (Mrs) resolution.  I do want to go back to the Asus as it is part of an Asus mesh  and I have been very impressed with Trend security of the Asus.

If you have any clues I would love to hear them ... Is this a BT misconfiguration someplace ??? 

Mark 

0 Ratings