I am also having this problem despite having done the remove cookies etc mentioned below. Has anyone actually managed to get it working or is it a system error?
I was on chat with BT yesterday and at the time I could get in with Firefox but the sequence of web pages was different between Chrome and Safari on the one hand and Firefox on the other. Now all three are behaving the same way.
I will keep trying, looking every day.
Just thought I should post this here. I've been unable to log into my eMail for 4 days now.
I get the dreaded -
Secure Connection Failed
An error occurred during a connection to signin1.bt.com.
I've tried disabling BT Web Protect, but it didn't help.
Repetitive retrying does nothing and I've had the fault now, as I've said, for 4 days.
It fails on Firefox and IE and on multiple machines.
I've contacted their helpdesk and it's apparently a known issue that is fixed for some, but clearly not for all. I'll be making an official complaint tomorrow, as I've found that's the easiest way to focus their minds and get some action.
I was asked by their Helpdesk staff member to try it using the Microsoft Edge browser, and it works fine and I can get into my eMail.
So, if you have this issue, try Edge.
Tried edge on my laptop, still doesn't work.
Also edge is not on Macbook or Ipad.