cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT8600 TrueCall

Go to solution

Hi

I have a BT8600 handset with TrueCall. Recently for some unknown reason when I call a contact on my VIP list my number is shown as withheld at their end.

Can someone please advise me how to resolve this as some contacts do not answer number withheld calls.

Many thanks

Joe

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT8600 TrueCall

Go to solution

@Joeyb67 

Who provides your phone service?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

It's NOW Broadband & Calls. I have contacted them and they tell me everything looks OK at their end and reckon it's something to do with the the handset settings.

Thanks

Joe

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@Joeyb67 wrote:

It's NOW Broadband & Calls. I have contacted them and they tell me everything looks OK at their end and reckon it's something to do with the the handset settings.

Thanks

Joe

Then its not a fault with the phone, its simply that your phone number is being withheld by NOW, and they need to sort it out. Either that, or your number is crossed with another, which is withheld. Try calling you own mobile, and see what number is displayed, if any.

As this is a BT Retail Customer Forum, you need to as on the NOW TV customer forum for any more advice.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks Keith

Yes I phoned my landline from my mobile and it's showing as private caller even although my mobile no is on my vip list of contacts.

I'll get back to NOW.

Thanks for your guidance

0 Ratings