cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BTHub4 replacement

Hi,

I have poor wifi throughout my small house and have moved the hub around but still get signal dropping out in certain rooms. Getting Sky Q soon and want to inprove wifi.

I have a Linksys WRT1900ACS dual band wifi router but cant get this to work, can someone please explain to me just how I can replace the BThub4 and what I need to do to get the Linksys to work with BT?

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BTHub4 replacement

do you fibre broadband and use a separate modem to the hh4?

if so you need to conenct modem to wan port of router and for username and password use

bthomehub@btbroadband.com   And. BT as password

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for your quick reply, we are very old world here..no fancy broadband just basic exchange only via phone lines. The current home hub 4 is connected directly into the BT wall socket that has one for phone and one for wifi.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Your other router is only a router and to make it work you need to buy a separate modem which connects to master socket and then router would connec to modem

hh4 is a modem/router combined

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Ok I see that makes sense, but can the hub 4 possibly be set as just a modem and not as a modem / router or is this not possible? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

No you cannot set hub to modem only

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

You could use the Linksys  as an expensive wireless access point if you wish. Give it an address of 192.168.1.25, gateway 192.168.1.254, turn off DHCP and connect one of its LAN ports to one of the HH4's LAN ports.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Thanks again, I have an old BT modem here a ECI Telecom Ltd but that doesn't seem to work may need to find another modem.

0 Ratings