cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Being movef to unlimited minutes

Received an email from BT telling me I am being mover to an Ulimited Minutes Plan for an extra £4.50 per month. I have any Anytime Call Plan now so is this switch just a way of increasing prices?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Being movef to unlimited minutes

The unlimited minutes includes calls to mobiles as well as landlines so it's more for your money. There should however be options should you not wish to go ahead with the change

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi, 

It's clearly just a rip off way to structure their products to maximise their profits. Anyway from now on I'll use my free mobile minutes and I've cancelled the unlimited anytime plan I had.

Judging from the calling que a lot of people aren't happy about being charged extra for something they were doing very well without just so BT can wrench more money out of their pockets.

Steve

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@newwrote:

Received an email from BT telling me I am being mover to an Ulimited Minutes Plan for an extra £4.50 per month. I have any Anytime Call Plan now so is this switch just a way of increasing prices?

It's optional, if you're happy as you are, you can opt out.
There's also a choice of the new calling plans which have no 1 hour limit and include calls to UK mobiles, you don't even have to renew the contract or you can and also receive a discount.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi

That's not what the email from BT said. If any of what you say is actually the case they should have said so in the email but they didn't. It was clearly just 'we are changing your plan and the price is going up'. There were no visbible options to do anything other than accept it or leave.

Steve

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@steveis2wrote:

There were no visbible options to do anything other than accept it or leave.

You can accept it
You can opt out
You can change to a newer plan without a new contract
You can change to a new plan with a new contract