cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renny07
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Billing Error

Please can someone help me - I've contacted BT Customer Services numerous times but thius problem has been going on since 4th January and they still can't hel;p me.

It all started by me noticing a DD was taken from my aacount which was more than double what it should be. I went online to check what it was but I couldn't access my bill at all, could only see December's bill.

Called customer services and was connected to Indai, had lots of issues understanding them, but in short, they couldn't access my bill either and I'd have to wait 7 days for a case to be raised.

I explained this isn't good enough and I'm not happy paying for something than I haven't been billed on - they didn't know why the bill couldn't be viewed. After a lightly heated discussion, I was put through to a manager who suggested I do a chargeback on my DD and cancel any future DD's!

I did a chargeback as suggested BUT didn't cancel my DD completely.

I waited 7 days and surprise surprise, nio call back as was promised. I received a voice activated call saying thay my services will be cut if the bill isn't paid. 

I called BT again, this time thankfullyI spoke to someone UK based. She again couldn't access my bill but assured me she'd 'personally' look into it, no services would be cut and she'd call me back the next day - she didn't call back!

Received a letter 2 days later saying my DD had been cancelled and I would need to pay the outstanding balance or services would be cut.

I called BT again and went through the whole conversation again, again they nor I could access my bill for January but I'm still being threatened will being restricted - I was told my issue will be escalated to 'Camp 3'.

I waited another week for a call back which never came, I then woke up one morning to find my mobile calls had been restricted - even though on each occasion I'd spoken to CS, they assured me this wouldn't happen.

I called AGAIN - again it was India but they just put me through to the mobile team to get reconnected - they had no interest in the ongoing issue of the missing bill. I spoke to the mobile team who reconnected me.

I'm yet to receive a call and have no idea who 'Camp 3' are?

I've now just recieved February's bill, complete with the non-payment of January's bill and a late payment charge. I STILL CAN'T ACCESS JANUARY'S BILL!!!!

I can't be expetced to pay over double for a bill that can't be produced or even accessed by BT themselves.

I'm going around in circles, broken promises wilth call backs and all the while worried my perfect credit rating is taking a bashing - nobody at BT seems to care.

I've tried going into a Mod's profile page to contact them but there is no link to do so.

This has been ongoing for a month now, why can't they just freeze any bills until they sort January's out, instead of all the extra charges mounting up?

Has anyone else had issues or can offer some advice please?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Billing Error

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
renny07
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thank you - any assistance would be greatfully received.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 4 of 7

Hi @renny07,

First of all, I'm sorry that we haven't been able to produce a bill to you especially when the charges are higher than normal. We'll look into getting that fixed for you and help with any other charges that have been raised as a result of disputing that particular bill. You can reach us by clicking on my profile and then on contact the mods. It'll take us a few days to get it picked up for you. If you have any services restricted at the moment, because of it, let me know so I can give you access before one of the team picks this up in a few days.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
renny07
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for the reply.

Message sent via the contact link.

renny07
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Hi,

Thank you to John who called me with an update yesterrday, the first person to do so in over a month of having this issue.

I was told the missing January bill issue would hopefully be resolved overnight, unfortunately it still can't be viewed.

With my latest February bill now viewable, and including the addition of the missing January bill, it saying this must be paid by the 11th Februray.

I'm now concerned that I'll lose me mobile and broadband services again when this isn't paid. Can someone please reassure me this won't happen - this is a BT issue, not a customer and I shouldn't be the one that loses out.

This is becoming very stressful now. Smiley Sad

Spoiler

0 Ratings
renny07
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Thought I'd provide an update.

Had a call from a chap called Matthew.

Basically said that the January bill cannot be be recovered and that, if I was happy to accept it', they would ignore any other charges as they couldn't be seen - they would just charge me the amount it should be.

Well, after explaining to him that there weren't any extra charges, none at all, I also wanted a refund on some sim cards from november which I still hadn't had. Luckily all this was noted on my account and he agreed to refund this too.

To cut a long story short, we agreed on an amount and set up another DD. The agreed amount would be a combination of January / Februrary bill minus any refunds that needed to come off.

Now, I'm being paranoid here but I've since received an email saying a DD has been set up and the full amount of £183 will come out in 8 days - this was the amount it would have been before any refunds so I'm confused. The actual amount we agreed on was around £77!!!!

I've had an email outlining the refund for a late payment charge of £7.50 but nothing else - I would have thought I'd get emails for all agreed changes and refunds?

Do I trust the right amount to come out, will I receive an updated bill or do I have to make yet another call just to ensure the right amount is taken?

If the full £183 is taken I will explode!

Just when you think things are resolved, there's always that doubt with BT.

Things have progressed since posting on here, so I'm thankful for that, but I've just got this feeling it hasn't been resolved at all and I'm going to have the full £183 taken from my account - we'll then be going through all this again!!

0 Ratings