cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Bluetooth

Go to solution

I recently, early one morning, put in my iPods to listen to bbc sounds. They didn’t start to work as they usually do. I looked at settings on my ipad and saw they were not connected. Before I could touch anything they started to crackle and pop with music playing between the noises. They were still showing as not connected. The interference stopped and I found my self listening to Radio 2 at almost full volume, which I couldn’t adjust on my ipad! The ipods were still showing not connected. This carried on for several seconds. I pressed the selection in the blue tooth settings on my ipad and the music stopped! I was now connected to my ipad and everything seemed normal. 
How could my ipods be connected, on their own, not via my Bluetooth, and play Radio 2. No other music was on in the house.
Any ideas please. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Bluetooth

Go to solution

Perhaps your ipods were connected to another device that you had previously been connected to. In any event I suspect that the reason will be one of life's little mysteries.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for response.

That would be possible perhaps  if they were ever connected to anything else except my ipad. My main concern was the possibility of my router being hacked.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Bluetooth on you ipods and ipad have nothing to do with your router. The bluetooth is between the two devices.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks

I didn’t know that! 🥴

so could it have been from a neighbours device, although we are detached.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

I doubt it. Bluetooth range is not very far plus you would have needed to have been paired at some point. It is more likely just to have been a software glitch that resolved its self.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @MilesRight and welcome to our community.

I'd go with @gg30340 opinion here. It appears to be 'one of life's little mysteries.' and more than likely a software glitch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Very Strange indeed.  Thanks you.

0 Ratings