cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Broadband problem after multiple power failure

Can anyone assist please? After a few problems sometime ago I have had a dead stable 30Mb broadband connection from a FTC connection. A few weeks ago we had mutiple electrical power failurers (up to 9+ a day) for about three weeks. The power company have now fixed the problem but our broadband refuses to return to its previous level. We did have a noise margin of 6/3 with speeds of 6mb and 30mb. It will now not come past 8/15 with speeds 6mb/20mb.

Does this require a reset somewhere or is it possible the power events have cuased a problem with the Hub 2?

I would be grateful of any help

Stever1_0-1629130925190.png

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadband problem after multiple power failure

Dynamic Line Management (DLM) will have seen the disconnections as a fault and will have reduced your speeds to try and maintain a stable connection.

If the disconnections have now stopped DLM will slowly increase your speeds but this can take many weeks. BT will only request a reset if it appears that DLM is not doing its job.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

OK, thank you for coming back to me. I wasnt quite clear how long this could take so I guess I need to stay with it for a bit longer.

If it doesnt return are their folk in this group who can help?

Thanks again

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Generally speaking BT won't request/carry out a DLM reset until it becomes apparent that it is "stuck". If after another couple of weeks there is no change post back and I'm sure that it can be resolved through the forum.

Meanwhile, one restart of the should not cause an issue and it may "refresh" your connection so it might be worth trying but do not repeatedly restart the hub as this may cause DLM to keep the speeds down. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi,

Ive tried leaving the router several times for long periods of time. The last one was 11 days and after a reboot it still refuses to come back to the 6/30Mbs we had at 6dB/3dB, for a very long time

Is there anyone that can assist in how I could request a DLM reset please, as it looks like the link is very stable. Alternatively could it be the router that has been affected by the numerous power outages?

Screenshot 2021-09-04 at 13-37-25 Technical log.png

Id be very gratefull of any help

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

10/11 days is not long enough for DLM to start to see your connection stable and start to improve connection speed - more like 3/4 weeks at least

was the reset 11 days ago a manual reset or router dropping connection?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 7

Hi, thanks for coming back to me. Yes the rest was a manual one.

I notice that when it reconnects the max figure is lower, so setting the actual speed, then after a few minuets the max speed increases to the 30+. Is this indicative of anything, or just the fact that as you say it may need several weeks?

Many thanks

0 Ratings