cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

Broadband speed

Why is BT broadband service in reverse these days?  I pay for 55 mbps.  I actual receive 26.4.  I use to obtain 32 mbps five years ago.  I have renewed all my equipment and still have a Lousy 26.4.  I live in a large Town not the countryside.  No hope of really fast broadband.  Why?   I have raised a complaint but there seems little interest from BT.   

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: Broadband speed

Enter your phone number HERE and post the results. Remove tel no before posting.

Post connection stats from hub.

HH5 troubleshooting/helpdesk

HH6 advanced settings technical log.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

6AAA2491-7389-47F4-9532-E9CCA8EBE719.jpegThank you for the quick reply

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

As you can see from results your estimated range is 40/25mb due to your distance from your street cabinet.  Also from checker your connection speed is within expected level

any line noise. Dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Thank you.

the point is, I was receiving 32 five years ago.  Now I am being told I should be grateful for 25.  Why do BT advertise fast speed connection, like the latest Halo, when in fact many like me it is all a dream.  I have box up the road yet I am connected to one 1/2 mile away.  Every year we pay more and are receiving slower speeds.  There must be many BT customers like me.  I have been with BT for many years and I am going to start looking elsewhere.  The service should be improving, but for me it is decreasing.  

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

The reality is with FTTC, the more people that get connected to the cabinet, the slower the speed will get, due to crosstalk.

Unless you can find a cable provider, or have the option of an FTTP connection, things are not going to improve, as you will still be connected to that same cabinet.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

Hi

checked the line, no noise

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

time BT invested in more infrastructure then. We pay enough for the service.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

Can you post the connection stats?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

Hi

where do I find the connection stats.

0 Ratings