cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Bt smart hub vs Bt smart hub 2

My view on the Bt smart hub is use the Bt smart hub much better more Wi-fi coverage far better and you can separate bands 2.4 ghz/ 5 ghz which both work, Bt smart hub 2 is awful because for starters you can’t separate bandings 2.4ghz/5ghz it may show it in settings however it mainly works on 2.4ghz which drops speeds. To get 5ghz you have to turn off 2.4ghz on wifi, and if you have sky Q  to connect up don’t  try it does not work all the time. BT need to improve the smart hub 2  much more. I do not use the smart hub 2 for these reason.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bt smart hub vs Bt smart hub 2

I use a sh2 with my SKY Q 2TB box and 3 minis and have no problems with connection and stability so maybe you are just unlucky

i don't have problems with my wireless devices connecting but I would agree that it was better when you could split the 2.4/5ghz and you could select a particular network for connection 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Question are you connected via Ethernet cable from your smart hub 2 to your sky Q box . And does  your  coverage drop.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

No connected wireless on all boxes and stable. Been connected since last firmware update for 32 days no problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings