cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Bt sport

Go to solution

Hi , I’m just trying to get my head round my bills & I’ve noticed I’m paying for BT sport on my sky and on my BT bill . I have a landline & WiFi with BT and my contract date has ended with BT . I’m sure I use to get BT sports for free with my internet / land line . 

I don’t personally watch it but my sons do through the BT app thingy as away at university. 

Is there anyway to get it for free with my bt expenditure - like going back into a contract with them as mines expired ? Is it exactly the same thing on the bt app as I’m paying for on my sky package ? So it appears I’m paying twice for this and need to sort my finances , so I can just get it off my sky package but the boys could still watch football on the bt app - free if possible or I keep paying bt for it ? 

sorry from a non techie , non sporty , mum . Thanks 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bt sport

Go to solution

Ps I appear to be paying £26.75 to BT for it & £27 to sky for it a month . 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

@Clairemikewrote:

I’m sure I use to get BT sports for free with my internet / land line . 

BT gave BT Sports away for free years ago when it was just launched, there is no free BT Sports anymore, as you had it free that means you had it before Sky started selling it, the Sky subscription is the duplicate.

My guess is you upgraded to Sky Q and Sky sold you BT Sports as part of that upgrade ? which means you've been paying twice sadly, you have 2 options :

1. Ring Sky and cancel the BT Sport subscription, then give BT your new viewing card number, if you're paying Sky £27 then BT will do it for less.
  2. Ring BT and cancel the BT Sport subscription, Sky customers don't get BT Sport app access though, which is what your son is using.

£26.75 also confirms you're out of contract for BT Sports and your BT broadband, speak to the BT loyalty team, get an account review and a new discount applied to your services.
Just confirm with Sky you can cease BT Sport without penalty, when you renew the BT Sport subscription with BT you do not get a cooling off period.

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks so much for such a comprehensive answer , much appreciated. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Not a problem, post back if you have any other questions, we're a friendly bunch here 🙂